Price Check...Roland Jazz Chorus JC-77

mhuxtable

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

fixed the reverb thumb.gif was a bit of a bitch to access but as soon as i pulled it out i saw the bugger that was causing the problem. one of the four little springs that holds the main springs in place fell out of its socket so the main springs were just resting on the side of the tank. luckily the little spring wasn't lost and still in there, so i just resocketted it and presto!

ovikC.jpg

now to get this smoke smell out... freak.gif i swear i'll get cancer just from this amp

• Members

^ i'm sure you'd be able to score one for a decent price.

just took a ton of rubbing alcohol to the whole outside and back of the inside of the amp. febreezed the grill. you have no idea how many used papertowels and old rag socks i have in my trash absolutely covered in soot and shit. hopefully this helps, leaving it overnight in my bathroom with the fan and exhaust on to air out some more. should be better now that the amp isn't in the smokey apartment too.

lastly my dad has a nice ozone air freshener thing, which i've read eliminates the odor. i'll have to borrow that and let it ozone for a few days in my bathroom again icon_lol.gif what a headache. but well worth it love.gif lovely amp indeed

if that doesn't work i've read theres some kind of ozone spray that does this well too. i guess the very insides are still covered in soot and tar and shit, so hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to open it all up, clean out the pots with deoxit, and clean up all the gunk on the insides. then let it ozone away.

• Members

btw, anyone know where i could find a knob for this amp? its missing one frown.gif shit might as well buy a whole new set so that i can just throw out these tobacco'd out ones. i can't imagine what this poor fellows LUNGS must be looking like freak.gif and i'm not even an anti-smoker!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ambient

View Post

Leaving it in the sun for an afternoon may help too. UV light breaks a lot of stuff down, particularly any bacteria/fungi that may be contributing to the smell.

will do! only its winter, which will make it a little tougher but still

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RUExp? View Post
One significant difference of the JC-77 from the JC-120 is there is no Vibrato on the JC-77. Instead it lets you choose from set or manual Chorus. This is also true for the JC-120 head, the JC-90 and the JC-55.
Didn't know that.

Is the JC-77 chorus still stereo?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

That's a bit of a bummer,I remember noticing it before now.

Perhaps it's just a space saving thing?

They're essentially inputs to the power amp, right?

As the jc 77 is a stereo amp, I wonder if it can be modded.

Should be relatively simple I would think, but I'm no expert.

• Moderators

ambient wrote:

That's a bit of a bummer,I remember noticing it before now.

Perhaps it's just a space saving thing?

They're essentially inputs to the power amp, right?

As the jc 77 is a stereo amp, I wonder if it can be modded.

Should be relatively simple I would think, but I'm no expert.

Always possible to mod, how difficult depends on where the signal splits. 

The JC-90 has Effects returns on the back which could be used as stereo inputs.

Terry D.

Archived