What's your favorite Reverb of this moment?

juri

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ive had the space, blue sky, flint, ehx holy, holiest, hall of fame, trinity, supernatural, context, 66' twin, etc. 

Of course, the twin is in it's own league, but it's not a pedal. But I'd say that's a good baseline, along with some good plug-ins I've used.

The thing that I've noticed is that.... most of them have varying amounts of "realism." Typically, if a pedal can produce very cavernous sounds, it's smaller sounds seem to lack realism, or vice versa.

The space has an amazing breadth in the kind of sounds it can produce, and the BIG sounds are really jaw dropping, but the spring settings sound like a toy.

On the other end, the supernatural (gets some pretty decently convincing spring sounds, but the long sounds leave something to be desired, imho. (not to split hairs, but there is a certain visceral je ne sai quoi missing from the supernatural's spring in comparison to the twin, but hey, it's a pedal) 

The Context seems to bridge this divide to my ears. It doesn't try to emulate anything, per se, but really gets fantastic sounds at both the short and long times. I think the fact it doesn't try to emulate anything might free up the design of the algorithms? 

Archived