Will using a 3' cable as a

ChuckDawg

• Members

Will it increase your resistance and signal loss?   Yes.

Will you be able to hear it?   No.

While the resistance (and signal loss) will increase by 100%, the overall value is so small as to be laughable.

...now, if we're talking coily cords, well that's a horse of a different color!!

/mockery of TeeGeePee'rs

• Members

Lefort_1, SORRY! I JUST saw your post! I'm using a cell phone and missed it entirely. Thank you! That's exactly what I was referring to. I'm not going to run crap cable. I'm going to use the new Monster Studio Pro 1000 series cable. They're awesome. If you've never heard one and can grab one at a decent price pick one up. Thanks again for the help!

• Members

Power supply shouldnt affect signal loss. You could get extra noise with certain supplies but the signal loss should be remedies by the buffer you have even if it's not too substantial in the first place

• Members

Thanks for the help! Basically all I'm doing is using good patch cables and have no choice but to run a '3 cable as a patch cable to go from the bottom row of my pedalboard to the next row of pedal's in line in the top of the board or evenings way too tight to patch together. I have a noise suppressor that'll be running after the 3'cable and a drive/line booster before it. The board itself is going into the effects loop send and return in the back of my amp as well. The way it is now running an 18

• Members

You've already ruined your signal chain by posting about it here.

Quick, buy the Monster Cable Pro Studio Ultimate 5000 Thread Destroyer and nuke this topic to avoid the embarrassment of being a perfection-chasing, Kanga hat-wearing knobber.

• Members

It was only posted to get intelligent answers to gather more knowledge of a subject I'm newer to by those that have the correct answers. I'm use to using only 1 or 2 pedal's for the majority of my past 39 year's of playing.

Archived