Spin says I've got "agile guitar work, which seamlessly transitions...

• Members

Hi friends, I wanted to share the little tidbit Spin Magazine wrote about my duo's new single today: http://www.spin.com/articles/steel-phantoms-matt-leblanc-song-premiere/

I spend most of my HC time arguing in the political forum these days, largely cuz i can't afford new gear, but also cuz I've got gear I love. Nearly everything I've gotten over the years though I read about first here on Harmony Central, in reviews (long long ago) and on the forums. I've done lots of mods with help from everyone here, and I'm proud of the new record my band is putting out next month. It's our first record as just two people, but between my two amps, a TimeFactor, and my split signal setup with which i make a bass sound simultaneously (as heard here), people always tell us we sound like more than two people.

What does this track's tone sound like to you? My bandmate (who sings lead and plays drums) wanted this to sound like The Breeders/Sonic Youth. So I've got my amps breaking up just a little, my Tubescreamer on, my bridge pickup with the tone pot rolled down, and some slappy delay with a little bit of mod. I dunno if it sounds unique at all or if it will just roll off people's ears. Do you all go through lots of self doubt after recording and releasing something?

Anyway, thanks to Harmony Central for all the help over the years.

• Members

You mean you want to know what tones we hear on the track on the Spin magazine page (wasn't clear)?

If so, it sounds like an Interpol song for the intro and after that I'm not sure how to explain it but it was pretty good?

The other track on your webpage sounds kinda like the Walkmen when they use organ but a little busier.

Pretty good music I enjoyed it.

Don't hear Sonic Youth at all tbh like not even a little, don't really hear Breeders either but I've never listened to them outside their mid 90's stuff on the radio.

Archived