Rondo Music Pedalboards--- Yay or Nay

amarr1

• Members

build your own

read what i said on the first page.

"I pulled the trigger" = I bought.

I was planning on making one out of a {censored}ty suitcase, but it smelled like dead babies and there was brown {censored} all over it.

• Members

I don't toss my boards into a van from the sidewalk.... so, mine holds up great. I have the 27"x11" one... works just perfect for my needs...

the carpet's a little {censored}ty, but all of my pedals have industrial velcro on the bottom anyway... when it does fall apart, I'll give a full report...

• Members

I have the $40 22"x 16". Its THIN aluminum over pressboard. The Velcro and felt are cheap and peeled almost instantly. I did a few mods that made it totally gig worthy. Some complain about the hinge quality but I've never had an issue in over 2 years of gigs and rehearsals.

Mods:

rip out anything thats glued in. Foam ring and felt must go but leave the foam in the lid intact.

Next cut a 1/2" peice of plywood to fit inside the pedalboard part and glue it down with rubber cement. This solves 2 problems.

1. the pedalboard lip is 1" high which makes it difficult to plug into or stomp on low pedals near the lip.

2. Instantly makes the PB sturdy

Now glue down an outdoor industrial rubber backed mat (cut to fit) to the ply wood. These can be found at target or walmart and have a grooved nappy surface that velcro sticks to really well. It was like $5. Done.

If you want a cheap Flight case type PB, Rondo now offers an ALL aluminum Case in 2 sizes for $65 and $75. These weigh over 15 lbs so i think they are the real deal. The cheapo ones weigh about 3lbs.

^ exactly what I did with mine...very sturdy and I know my pedals are protected-

• Members

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. I ordered the 27"x12" model through Amazon. It seems to be of decent build quality. I heard somewhere the aluminum on the outside gets dented very easily; only time will tell.

pics por favor?

• Members

Whats the red board made out of?

Basically a scrap of pressboard that I glooped with epoxy paint. Also, I put a scrap piece of something near the top to angle the board down (which also leaves space underneath to run the cords), so that any foot stomping would never hit the lip of the case. Two handles from Home Depot.

Total Cost = $1.60 (for the two handles and washers)

The case I have is: 29 1/2" x 15 3/4" x 5 1/2". I am sure I could squeeze in 10 more pedals, but the spacing and placement has worked out perfectly so far.

• 4 years later...

Archived