Rondo Music Pedalboards--- Yay or Nay

amarr1

• Members

they're fine, and not a bad company. i used to live by the actual store.

there was one on rt.22 in jersey a long time ago. i used to live about a 10 minute walk to it. granted you had to run across a highway, but what else do you do when you're a kid, right?

• Members

I ordered from Rondo because of the price and it came timely. The only thing was, when it get to the house it was packaged very poorly. There was a big dent in the case and latches were broken off. I emailed them and they refunded my money. I went with a gator board instead.

• Members

I have one. The lid sags when I'm carrying it around by the handle. When I was removing a pedal it tore up the cheap carpet that is barely glued in place.

It get's my pedals from a-b, so I'll say that it's alright for the price and does what it is supposed to do, just not great.

• Members

Which one is that case? Large?

i dont think its the biggest one, but it was the biggest one at the time. the other is slightly smaller. one is large and the other is medium i think. but i'd go with the large, cause the medium one is only slightly smaller.

• Members

I have the $40 22"x 16". Its THIN aluminum over pressboard. The Velcro and felt are cheap and peeled almost instantly. I did a few mods that made it totally gig worthy. Some complain about the hinge quality but I've never had an issue in over 2 years of gigs and rehearsals.

Mods:

rip out anything thats glued in. Foam ring and felt must go but leave the foam in the lid intact.

Next cut a 1/2" peice of plywood to fit inside the pedalboard part and glue it down with rubber cement. This solves 2 problems.

1. the pedalboard lip is 1" high which makes it difficult to plug into or stomp on low pedals near the lip.

2. Instantly makes the PB sturdy

Now glue down an outdoor industrial rubber backed mat (cut to fit) to the ply wood. These can be found at target or walmart and have a grooved nappy surface that velcro sticks to really well. It was like $5. Done.

If you want a cheap Flight case type PB, Rondo now offers an ALL aluminum Case in 2 sizes for $65 and $75. These weigh over 15 lbs so i think they are the real deal. The cheapo ones weigh about 3lbs.

http://www.rondomusic.com/pdc4100e.html

• Members

rondo boards suck. basically, they will fall apart, it's just a matter of when. hopefully not the day you buy it.

Read my post above.

Their cheaply made but can definitely be gig worthy with some mods. Like I said 2.5 years and going strong for

In fact I'm getting a larger one which may or m ay not be the new flight case they offer. Totally different construction.

Archived