Where do you put your tremolo in your chain?

companyman

• Members

If I want a hard choppy square wave I'll throw it dead last after everything. If I'm going for a more subtle trem I'll put it after delays but before reverb. Mostly though I put it dead last though, I believe thats how it is on the older Fender amps isn't it?

• Members

I have a Zvex Sonar and I put it right after my fuzz and just before a Line6 M5, compressor and ODs. In that spot I can take advantage of the SHO and Machine features. It also gives a different texture to the envelope followers in the M5.

• Members

companyman wrote:

I just picked up a Stereo Pulsar, have owned one in the past, really dig the variable wave-shape controls, wondering where you guys put tremolo in the chain?

the reason it usually goes after reverb is so you dont have to re-adjust the depth on the tremelo depending on whether or not the reverb is on or not.

try it both ways-you will see what I mean

I've got one post-dirt but pre-modulation, one right in the middle of my modulation pedals, another one after the modulation but before the delays, and one dead last - but I use that one as an autopanner between two amps more often than I use it as a true tremolo / amplitude modulation effect.

Archived