I just Ordered Two Sets Of These...

Player99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've really been looking forward to trying one of those out. I think I'm going to try to see if Gibson will loan me a guitar with a Min-ETune installed on it for a review.

I didn't realize they made an inline / Strat version too, or that they sold them separately. Are they expensive or hard to install?

• Members

They make them for most popular guitars, acoustic and electric.

$300 each with free shipping and a $4 handling fee (WTF $4?)

With exchange they came to $642 Canadian. Then I will have to pay 13% Canadian sales tax = about $725 / 2 = $362 each.

H.R. Shove and Stuff wrote:

Just when you thought autotune couldn't get any worse...

Completely different concepts / principles / ways of working.

I'm surprised more of you don't appreciate the potential utility of this. Silent tuning touch-ups between between songs while leaving your hands mostly free so you can grab a quick swig of water (or beverage of your preference), quick changes from standard to alt tunings... those things could be very helpful and useful - especially on stage.

I can install a set of strings without using a string winder - it just makes the job quicker / easier. I see this as being somewhat similar in that regard. YMMV - but it's definitely not an after the fact corrective tool that manipulates the waveform data; it's a mechanical, partial replacement for a guitar tech - like a good tech, it's just tuning the guitar for you. You still have to play it yourself. ;)

Archived