The Magicstomp Lounge

squareking

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm pretty impressed by the params on the phasers and flangers, chorus and symphonic, must more robust than my old FX900 or the Fx500 I had before that.

Delay params seem pretty comparable. Compressor params seem abit more robust as well.

I'm also really digging Drive 1 -- not sure if it's the amp or just the distortion one.. I ned to look into that. But I'm getting a passable vox-y sound out of my Princeton at low/bedroom volumes. Good enough to pass the time. Also had some fun getting a heavy Helmet-like tone by tweaking one of the high number patches (somewhere in the 90s i think) killing the reverb and chorus and tweaking the eq slightly.

-Todd

• Members

Originally posted by scott_335

I beleive that is at least 16

Unless there's additional settings in other pages, since that's just page 1.

There's also the possibility of editing parameters for each delay when you use multiple delays. I think you would have a screen like that per delay, up to 8 delays IIRC.

I also think a similar editing situation applies to multi-tap delays.

• Members
Originally posted by twil

Thanks for the link! Very convenient.

Cheers!

You're welcome :)
There are also some freeware calculators, but I don't know which operating system you use.
Search for "Delay Calculator" and you'll find some options.

• Members

Hey guys, just picked up the magicstomp and have been having some fun with... was wondering if you could help me out a little though. I'm trying to get a specific flanger sound, and knowing nothing about flangers, am at a loss for what to do. if you go to

Future of Forestry Myspace

and listen to the song All I Want, there is a solo that kicks in right at the 3 minute mark. THAT is the flanger sound I want.

Any ideas for settings?

Killer band btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Eddie

Thank threm
:)
He does not know it, but it is his adapter
:)

I`ll tell him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
78733789_0d1c775dc8.jpg

Please keep the US adapter. My pleasure. :thu:

• Members

Has anyone put their magicstomp in a true bypass loop? It seems to always affect your tone, even when you turn the effect on. I am thinking about putting an EQ in the lop to compensate, but thats a lot of real estate on my board. Any solution?

mine's in a TB loop.

i have most of my pedals in there.

you can also use the preamp as a booster that way! set it past unity gain, click on with the TB pedal!

• Members

But, umm, I have a booster. I bought this thing for the chorus, trem, and other sounds. I just wish there was a way to turn off its preamp, or dial it in so that you cant tell its there.

yeah. me too.

should be moddable.

Archived