"Pedalboard(s) Of The Stars" Collection!

fuzzface71

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Hell Bites

You know, for someone who is supposed to be INCREDIBLY picky about tone and effects, you would think he would have a professional, very neat pedalboard eek.gif
Actually tone is the reason his board looks like that. I have an interview in one of my magazines around here somewhere where he talks about it. The rubber band around the fuzz face is there for a reason as opposed to screws, and the the effects are all spaced apart so they don't create static between them. Also, it allows him to use longer patch cables to take some of the high end off. Clapton does something similar by using 50 to 75ft custom made guitar leads for the same reason. Everything is set on Plywood because he believes it affects the tone also. He also uses specific battery's and supposedly can tell the difference when his tech changes one without telling him. I'm not making this up, he's nuts. I just saw him live not too long ago, a small club, marshall stack, cranked up amp, and his tone unbelievably perfect and exactly like his recordings and never harsh considering I was right in front in a small club. I can't seem to get my equipment to sound the same two days in a row.

Archived