The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by samzadgan

View Post

what are the thoughts on the new Ibanez Ar250's...they are on sale in a UK shop, and seem like a really good price for a what seems like a solid guitar.

The new Artist series guitars are {censored}ing killer. Got to check one out at my local Guitar Center. Cool guitars.

• Members

View Post

what are the thoughts on the new Ibanez Ar250's...they are on sale in a UK shop, and seem like a really good price for a what seems like a solid guitar.

The new Artist series guitars are {censored}ing killer. Got to check one out at my local Guitar Center. Cool guitars.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Wood Wizard

View Post

Thats the spirit! Hell Id strip my badascan down and give you a few bucks for something cool on it.

Speaking of cabs, I threw this together the other day, one coat of sealer so far.....

100_1288_zpsc3596c84.jpg

Looking sweet. The colour is not your run-of-the-mill red for cabinets. Nice choice.

Also, an etched Badascan would be killer. I also have a Revelation that I bought from BAT and the finish was dodgy. I don't mind since Mark asked for so little and since I love the sound of it, but it would be cool to have a duo of etched BAT pedals.

View Post

I'm not sure, but Ibanez can be hit and miss. I think they're made in Korea at an affordable price, so don't expect high quality. That's not to say it won't be worth the money, just don't expect Reverend or vintage Japanese quality.

Edit: I'm thinking of the wrong ones, sorry. I haven't played the new Artist guitars. I can't offer an opinion other than I think they look a bit gaudy. Too much bling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomB

View Post

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Homework:

- DCC Engineering;

- Aftershock Cabinets;

BTW..any info on this?

307665_477987992247332_501649836_n.jpg

http://sunmachine-effects.blogspot.fr/p/fuzz-o.html

Sunmachine are cool, but I haven't tried any of their pedals out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Wood Wizard

View Post

Thats the spirit! Hell Id strip my badascan down and give you a few bucks for something cool on it.

Speaking of cabs, I threw this together the other day, one coat of sealer so far.....

100_1288_zpsc3596c84.jpg

Looking sweet. The colour is not your run-of-the-mill red for cabinets. Nice choice.

Also, an etched Badascan would be killer. I also have a Revelation that I bought from BAT and the finish was dodgy. I don't mind since Mark asked for so little and since I love the sound of it, but it would be cool to have a duo of etched BAT pedals.

View Post

I'm not sure, but Ibanez can be hit and miss. I think they're made in Korea at an affordable price, so don't expect high quality. That's not to say it won't be worth the money, just don't expect Reverend or vintage Japanese quality.

Edit: I'm thinking of the wrong ones, sorry. I haven't played the new Artist guitars. I can't offer an opinion other than I think they look a bit gaudy. Too much bling for me.

View Post

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Homework:

- DCC Engineering;

- Aftershock Cabinets;

BTW..any info on this?

307665_477987992247332_501649836_n.jpg

http://sunmachine-effects.blogspot.fr/p/fuzz-o.html

Sunmachine are cool, but I haven't tried any of their pedals out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

Quote Originally Posted by crohny

View Post

Thanks guys. I know its not going to be the Ibanez of old...but i guess given the price, i would say this would be a much better guitar than some of the competition in the same range (eg Epi LP Standard)

also recently read about this 18v mod for EMG's, apparently they make the actives sound, or have some of the characteristics of a passive pickups but with the output of the an active pickup...until tonight i was oblivious to this, has anyone had experience with this?

• Members

View Post

Quote Originally Posted by crohny

View Post

Thanks guys. I know its not going to be the Ibanez of old...but i guess given the price, i would say this would be a much better guitar than some of the competition in the same range (eg Epi LP Standard)

also recently read about this 18v mod for EMG's, apparently they make the actives sound, or have some of the characteristics of a passive pickups but with the output of the an active pickup...until tonight i was oblivious to this, has anyone had experience with this?

• Members

View Post

The 18v mod gives you more headroom and makes it more open sounding from what I have read. I have heard it improves the way they sound but I have never heard anyone say they sound like a passive due to this mod.

• Members

View Post

The 18v mod gives you more headroom and makes it more open sounding from what I have read. I have heard it improves the way they sound but I have never heard anyone say they sound like a passive due to this mod.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dazedbyday

View Post

So I just was able to trade an old 2x12 I had for this sunn 4x12 plus a little cash. I think it will be a good upgrade. It still has the original speakers which I am still debating on whether to keep them or replace them with something else.

tyCzRl.jpg

Great rig! If it still has the original speakers, I would keep them for sure smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dazedbyday

View Post

So I just was able to trade an old 2x12 I had for this sunn 4x12 plus a little cash. I think it will be a good upgrade. It still has the original speakers which I am still debating on whether to keep them or replace them with something else.

tyCzRl.jpg

Great rig! If it still has the original speakers, I would keep them for sure smile.gif

• Members

View Post

That's it!

I remember ages ago i saw a purple marshall stack, very similar purple to these...personally i wouls love a White matamp with matching cab.

I almost bought one of their minimat half stacks a while ago...white with with silver cloth...ws a thing of beauty!

• Members

View Post

Thanks. The sovtek isn't actually my main amp and I have been trying to sell it, albeit not too actively.

Wood Wizard, those are some cool colors on the cab. It reminds me of an old chest from the 1700s.

Archived