The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by BoomB

View Post

Indian? goddamn!! Thank you for putting out "Guiltless", such a massive record! I've listened to it like 17265412635471 times|

Thanks smile.gif I want to keep the "hiwatt" 2x12 , but the laney is out if I get an Emperor cab! hehehe!

Guiltless is one of my favourite metal records of the last couple of years.

You know, you should look into DCC Engineering. The owners are Doom Room regulars. They're based in the UK and build custom cabinets in a similar vein to Emperor, but with their own dimensions, different speakers (though you probably order a Weber if you wanted to pay for one), and unique baffles on the inside. Their prices are really reasonable and will be easier to deal with than Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

The mantra I'm trading for is from a deal on ilf / TB for my tectonic shift, plus he's throwing some cash on top. With my custom OCDs being built I don't necessarily need it but I want to give it a try and probably will keep it around for other projects.

Maybe I saw it on iluvfuzz, then, or maybe it was posted in both the HCFX spam thread and ilf. Either way, pics when it arrives. I love the way the Mantra looks.

• Members

View Post

Indian? goddamn!! Thank you for putting out "Guiltless", such a massive record! I've listened to it like 17265412635471 times|

Thanks smile.gif I want to keep the "hiwatt" 2x12 , but the laney is out if I get an Emperor cab! hehehe!

You know, you should look into DCC Engineering. The owners are Doom Room regulars. They're based in the UK and build custom cabinets in a similar vein to Emperor, but with their own dimensions, different speakers (though you probably order a Weber if you wanted to pay for one), and unique baffles on the inside. Their prices are really reasonable and will be easier to deal with than Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

The mantra I'm trading for is from a deal on ilf / TB for my tectonic shift, plus he's throwing some cash on top. With my custom OCDs being built I don't necessarily need it but I want to give it a try and probably will keep it around for other projects.

Maybe I saw it on iluvfuzz, then, or maybe it was posted in both the HCFX spam thread and ilf. Either way, pics when it arrives. I love the way the Mantra looks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by misterstomach

View Post

for those interested, my band, druden, has updated our website. we previously had our demo streaming, and still do, but if you want, you can also download it for free now or order a cd if you really really want one. http://druden.net/listen/

also, if anyone is going to be at the neurosis show in seattle, i will be doing merch for neurosis, so come to the table and say hi. and, if anyone is headed up there from portland, pm me if you're interested in carpooling. i'd rather not drive my beat up pickup truck up there and would be happy to throw in some gas money to get up there, although i have to be there a good while before doors open.

love.giflove.giflove.gif

• Members

View Post

for those interested, my band, druden, has updated our website. we previously had our demo streaming, and still do, but if you want, you can also download it for free now or order a cd if you really really want one. http://druden.net/listen/

also, if anyone is going to be at the neurosis show in seattle, i will be doing merch for neurosis, so come to the table and say hi. and, if anyone is headed up there from portland, pm me if you're interested in carpooling. i'd rather not drive my beat up pickup truck up there and would be happy to throw in some gas money to get up there, although i have to be there a good while before doors open.

love.giflove.giflove.gif

• Members

View Post

Everyone should listen to this.

Some of the best stuff i've heard in 2012.

Love it.

• Members

View Post

Everyone should listen to this.

Some of the best stuff i've heard in 2012.

Love it.

• Members

View Post

Thank you guys smile.gif

Thank you both smile.gif

Yeah Emporer cabs are out of this world. There's a guy in Orlando who does "Aftershock Cabinets" and he also does the wood staining stuff at a far more affordable price. Google that {censored} and do it up.

• Members

View Post

Thank you guys smile.gif

Thank you both smile.gif

Yeah Emporer cabs are out of this world. There's a guy in Orlando who does "Aftershock Cabinets" and he also does the wood staining stuff at a far more affordable price. Google that {censored} and do it up.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

Well, I don't know that I'd ever use something like that as a main dirt, more as a flavor pedal for accents in certain part. Would you care to elaborate on why it wasn't a success?

Holy {censored} your rig is awesome. It's very very close to what I'd like my live rig to eventually be except with a couple Orange 4x12's instead of 2x12's. Welcome and thanks for showing off that sick rig!

Dude you either gotta tell me how to do that etching or would you be willing to do a couple pedals for me if I shipped them to you? Seriously that's sick.

That's my plan eventually, doing anything for anyone. I may not be as great as some of the other dudes out there, but i also just like doing it, so once i figure out the limits and some more tips and tricks, I would totally etch thing for anyone.

• Members

View Post

Well, I don't know that I'd ever use something like that as a main dirt, more as a flavor pedal for accents in certain part. Would you care to elaborate on why it wasn't a success?

Holy {censored} your rig is awesome. It's very very close to what I'd like my live rig to eventually be except with a couple Orange 4x12's instead of 2x12's. Welcome and thanks for showing off that sick rig!

Dude you either gotta tell me how to do that etching or would you be willing to do a couple pedals for me if I shipped them to you? Seriously that's sick.

That's my plan eventually, doing anything for anyone. I may not be as great as some of the other dudes out there, but i also just like doing it, so once i figure out the limits and some more tips and tricks, I would totally etch thing for anyone.

• Members

With all this Emperor talk I will say I love my cabs but their customer service is complete {censored}. If they build your cab wrong they make a million excuses and then say its your fault. They sound great but after my experience with them I will go with something better next time. Mammoth cabs look great.

• Members

With all this Emperor talk I will say I love my cabs but their customer service is complete {censored}. If they build your cab wrong they make a million excuses and then say its your fault. They sound great but after my experience with them I will go with something better next time. Mammoth cabs look great.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

View Post

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Homework:

- DCC Engineering;

- Aftershock Cabinets;

BTW..any info on this?

307665_477987992247332_501649836_n.jpg

http://sunmachine-effects.blogspot.fr/p/fuzz-o.html

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

View Post

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Homework:

- DCC Engineering;

- Aftershock Cabinets;

BTW..any info on this?

307665_477987992247332_501649836_n.jpg

http://sunmachine-effects.blogspot.fr/p/fuzz-o.html

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DeathIVIonkey

View Post

Thats the spirit! Hell Id strip my badascan down and give you a few bucks for something cool on it.

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

I hear that often. Mammoth does good stuff, he lives not too far from me. Skips headshell came out great.

Speaking of cabs, I threw this together the other day, one coat of sealer so far.....

100_1288_zpsc3596c84.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DeathIVIonkey

View Post

Thats the spirit! Hell Id strip my badascan down and give you a few bucks for something cool on it.

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

I hear that often. Mammoth does good stuff, he lives not too far from me. Skips headshell came out great.

Speaking of cabs, I threw this together the other day, one coat of sealer so far.....

100_1288_zpsc3596c84.jpg

• Members

View Post

I had one of the original horizontal designed ones. Great tone but no where near the amount of low end i expected or like in a pedal. They are a great meathead clone, but i much prefer the BAT ritual, more gain and more low end without the need for the toggle or anything else.

• Members

View Post

I had one of the original horizontal designed ones. Great tone but no where near the amount of low end i expected or like in a pedal. They are a great meathead clone, but i much prefer the BAT ritual, more gain and more low end without the need for the toggle or anything else.

Archived