Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Echoczar is pretty much the coolest effect I own. My favorite sounds are from the modulation channel. With a short delay it gets some of the most beautiful chorus sounds, but it's a lot more "natural" sounding because of the delay. The trio mode kicks in three LFO's (I think), so it gets very warbley. Some of the features are a little over the top for me (I never touch half of the switches), but it sounds amazing and does everything I'd want a delay to do. One problem I'm having with it, even after owning it for almost 2 years, is that it's really hard to set the repeats so that when kicking on the feedback switch it self-oscillates, but returns to normal when kicking it off. The sweet spot always changes based on how I set my amp, gain pedals, and guitar volume.

The Ultra Fuzz, for me, answers every complaint I have with the Fuzz Factory. It gets a wider range of tones (not just ice pick tone from the FF), the feedback is more musical, and it gets much better low gain sounds. That being said, when I need to break out some hell, the FF is my go to pedal. It's loud, and it cuts through. Also, I like the gate on the FF more, and it's better for getting velcro type fuzz sounds than the UF.

• Members
I just don't get it. You seem like you are an intelligent guy. And you have a few nice pedals that are decent quality. But how can you possibly pride yourself on all those Behringer pedals? Not even just in this picture, but the other Monkeycraft (or whatever it is) pictures I've seen? I keep giving them a shot, and I keep being beyond disgustingly disappointed. They all sound like utter {censored}. I tried the digital reverb the other day. Horrible. Tinny, gross reverb. The pedal clicks and pops when I turn the knobs. Their pedals are noisy. Even their prosound equipment is natural hissy and gross. I just don't get it man
:cry::freak:
Please explain....please. No offense intended whatsoever. Just my opinion... and I'm genuinely interested to hear how your board does not sound like a full toilet.

I am a Social Worker, so my disposable income is incredibly limited the majority of each year. Behringer products are affordable enough to be procured without an excessive amount of financial planning/forethought. Though certain products of theirs have also proven to be shoddy from my perspective, I have been willing to give others a try. Because I prefer not to use an amplifier, do not need 31 flavors of amp modeling, use dirtboxes for gain, and wanted to run a stereo setup with light reverb, the EQ700/dual GDI21/DR100 chain that I am running is ideal for meeting my creative needs. My recording setup also consists of Behringer gear (UB802 Mixer>UCA202 USB Audio Interface). There is a good chance that each of the aforementioned items may be replaced with "name brand" gear in the future, but, for the time being, my rig will remain Behringerized. While my overall tone is probably far from perfect to most ears, my rig is perfect for experimentation with various digital and analog effects (IMO).

• Members
I am a Social Worker, so my disposable income is incredibly limited the majority of each year. Behringer products are affordable enough to be procured without an excessive amount of financial planning/forethought. Though certain products of theirs have also proven to be shoddy from my perspective, I have been willing to give others a try. Because I prefer not to use an amplifier, do not need 31 flavors of amp modeling, use dirtboxes for gain, and wanted to run a stereo setup with light reverb, the EQ700/dual GDI21/DR100 chain that I am running is ideal for meeting my creative needs. My recording setup also consists of Behringer gear (UB802 Mixer>UCA202 USB Audio Interface). There is a good chance that each of the aforementioned items may be replaced with "name brand" gear in the future, but, for the time being, my rig will remain Behringerized. While my overall tone is probably far from perfect to most ears, my rig is perfect for experimentation with various digital and analog effects (IMO).

Thanks so much for your clear answer. Eased my curiousity just fine. :thu:

• Members

I haven't posted in here for a bit.. I got a PS3, expression pedal, and a Morley volume pedal. I'm undecided where I want to put it. Either post-OD or pre-PS3. Swelling into the PS3 sounds awesome, but so does distorted swelling. :freak:

30807za2.jpg

308072kl4.jpg

EDIT: I have crooked pedals. :(

• Members

I haven't posted in here for a bit.. I got a PS3, expression pedal, and a Morley volume pedal. I'm undecided where I want to put it. Either post-OD or pre-PS3. Swelling into the PS3 sounds awesome, but so does distorted swelling.
:freak:

30807za2.jpg

308072kl4.jpg

EDIT: I have crooked pedals.
:(

This is a pretty decent setup. You're on your way. But, you know, with a PT, it makes it easy to make things neater. Maybe you're not a neat freak, but it COULD be neater if you tried. I know crooked pedals bug the {censored} out of my on my board.

Oh, and I think distorted swelling is cheesy. Too Satriani or Petrucci (which is fine, because I love those wankers, just not my style of playing). Swelling the guitar into a distortion sounds cool cuz as your volume increases, so does your gain. It rules!

• Members
This is a pretty decent setup. You're on your way. But, you know, with a PT, it makes it easy to make things neater. Maybe you're not a neat freak, but it COULD be neater if you tried. I know crooked pedals bug the {censored} out of my on my board.

Oh, and I think distorted swelling is cheesy. Too Satriani or Petrucci (which is fine, because I love those wankers, just not my style of playing). Swelling the guitar into a distortion sounds cool cuz as your volume increases, so does your gain. It rules!

I want to get something to replace the Crunch Box. I don't use it much for what I'm playing. Maybe an SCOD? Probably nothing. Heh. I also want to replace the Echo Park and SAD-1 with a DD20 or a DL4.

I'm not neat at all. You should see my house... I'm also having TONS of trouble with keeping the damn velcro on my rubber-bottomed pedals. If I take them off too many times, the velcro just sticks to the board. :freak: It's really, really frustrating. How do you keep this from happening?

Once I finish up the last few patch cables and get 2 more PP2 cables, I'll do what I can to clean everything up. It's pretty gross right now.

I'll probably keep the volume up front. It's more convenient, cable-wise. I'll also be using my right foot anyway.

• Members
I want to get something to replace the Crunch Box. I don't use it much for what I'm playing. Maybe an SCOD? Probably nothing. Heh. I also want to replace the Echo Park and SAD-1 with a DD20 or a DL4.

I'm not neat at all. You should see my house... I'm also having TONS of trouble with keeping the damn velcro on my rubber-bottomed pedals. If I take them off too many times, the velcro just sticks to the board.
:freak:
It's really, really frustrating. How do you keep this from happening?

Once I finish up the last few patch cables and get 2 more PP2 cables, I'll do what I can to clean everything up. It's pretty gross right now.

I'll probably keep the volume up front. It's more convenient, cable-wise. I'll also be using my right foot anyway.

i always super glue the velcro onto my pedals after years of the same problem.

• Members
:idea:

I had thought of doing that, but never did. Time to get the super glue out.
:thu:

I'd love to avoid supergluing anything onto my pedals. I hear that the velcro on Pedaltrains is super sturdy and don't mind being taken off and put on multiple times.

• Members

I'd love to avoid supergluing anything onto my pedals. I hear that the velcro on Pedaltrains is super sturdy and don't mind being taken off and put on multiple times.

The dude I got it from put the hook side on. I wasn't having that. I had to take it all off and bought some industrial stuff from Lowe's. It is STRONG. The adhesive sticks fine to metal, but it doesnt stick at all to rubber. I've cleaned them off with alcohol beforehand, tried to it up, and even left the velcro on overnight to see if the adhesive had to set in for whatever reason. It all just ripped off after a few times of rearranging.

I'm not too big on supergluing anything to my pedals either, but I really doubt I'll be selling any of these and I'd like my pedals to stick.

• Members

I like this board alot! How do you like the E13 rocket?

Thanks! I love the rocket. I just got the Soda Meiser and I love the way it sounds, but i think its gonna go because the rocket can cover the same territory. It actually sounds great as a normal fuzz (really high gain and thick) but with the second footswitch, you can get the nasty crazy E13 type fuzz sounds. I would definately recomend it.

most of the knobs and switches are controls for the crazy noisy side and there are alot of sounds in it.

• Members
Thanks! I love the rocket. I just got the Soda Meiser and I love the way it sounds, but i think its gonna go because the rocket can cover the same territory. It actually sounds great as a normal fuzz (really high gain and thick) but with the second footswitch, you can get the nasty crazy E13 type fuzz sounds. I would definately recomend it.

most of the knobs and switches are controls for the crazy noisy side and there are alot of sounds in it.

Shoulda held out for a special Angelhair0 version of the Soda Meiser.....:D :D :D:whisper:

• Members

The dude I got it from put the hook side on. I wasn't having that. I had to take it all off and bought some industrial stuff from Lowe's. It is STRONG.

The trouble I've had with that stuff is it's really difficult if I want to take something off. Seriously-- no one will steal anything off my board, including me.

• Members

Would you describe the rocket as muff-ish? If so have you tried it with a band to see if it cuts?

• Members

Would you describe the rocket as muff-ish? If so have you tried it with a band to see if it cuts?

It can be kind of similar to a muff, but in a nastier way. Its fuzzier and a little more unpredictable. Its been a while since i played a muff, but i think it compares more to a LBM than any of the others. It is close enough that you could probly use it in place of a muff (as long as you would crank the distortion on the muff) but i could see why someone would have both on a board. Its nothing like the top fuel.

I havnt tried it with a band yet, but it seems like it will cut. i use an eq after for additional tone shaping and that would do it if it didnt cut by itself. I will try to make some clips this weekend if i can get my camera to work.

Archived