7 TONELAB clips + TAPPING VIDEO

Robbert 01

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

VERY cool! Are you using a string mute towards the nut to keep strings from ringing out? How many fingers are you using on your tapping hand (looks like just the middle, but I THOUGHT I saw your ring and pinky working too... you were too fast for the camera) and most importantly...

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME TABS! I'd love to add some of that technique to my bag o' tricks. Right now I pick sweeps on the fingerboard and then tap top notes with the right hand middle finger (and sometimes ring and pinky finger) but mine don't flow nearly as well as yours or sound as cool. I'd like to steal some of your licks. :)

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Damm, incredible technique here folks. I do some tapping myself but the stuff here is off the wall. DO you have any tabs for any of this stuff. I need to work on arpeggio and sequence taps.

Holy Crap, me too. My tapping and sweeping leave SO much to be desired it isnt even funny. I need to throw the pick away for awhile and concentrate on this stuff

Great stuff Robert and welcome to the forum!!!

Kage

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

... I need to throw the pick away for awhile and concentrate on this stuff...

Kage

Actually I think it's a good idea to learn it while holding a pick :p;)

...unless you're as fast as van halen and michael romeo to tuck away the pick under the other fingers...
;)

• Members

Would you mind sharing your Tonelab patches? I know you gave some general pointers a couples pages back, but seeing all your setting would be really great. If you have a MIDI setup, you can easily upload your patches to share using the software on VOX's website.

It would be an honour if you would participate in some Tonelab discussion. I know you found the Tonelab thread here , but you can also check out the Yahoo group here and the discussion forum here .

Again, fantastic playing. You and Marcel should record a song together. That would be mind-blowing.

• Members

You know, it's kinda hard to follow somebody's hands to figure out what they're doing when they're MOVING TO FAST FOR YOU TO FOLLOW! Now that I think about it, maybe they're not actually hands in a traditional sense; perhaps they are mostly composed of light, taking a form just solid enough to fret a note.

Wonderful stuff, man. Tasty as hell.

• Members

That tapping was incredible and those clips where all tasty as hell! Somebody said it earlier but BEST FIRST POST EVER!!
Its also great to hear that a great player like yourself can get a good live sound with the modler direct, although i bet you could plug into anything and rip!

If you get a chance to tab a bit of that tapping id love to have a look at how its done.

• Members

I just have time to listen to the first clip and,

I really like your style, great tremolo, great control, you are not trying to cram in all the licks you know in 2 bars - cool phrasing.

The bottom line is, you RAWK !!!

• Members

Originally posted by uv7lng

Pretty amazing! you are boring. No one cares about that stuff anymore. Your technical skills are awesome but you have nothing to say.Sorry at least to me.

U

v:(

Plenty of people care about stuff like this. How many replies has this thread had?

• Members

Holy {censored}!...................Are you the devil? Mere mortals can't tap like that:confused: If I had chops like that I'd never get anything done. I'd just sit around the house all day playing guitar amazing myself!

• Members

Originally posted by Freak Guitar

Not bad???? At least his clips are actually him unlike your little Sea Of Lies clip there. Screw "not bad"...he's VERY {censored}in good

Well puppet has posted a video of himself so we know that he can play great. HIs clip of Sea Of Lies does sound extremely close to the original so maybe it really is him doing it, but what do i know?

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Well puppet has posted a video of himself so we know that he can play great. HIs clip of Sea Of Lies does sound extremely close to the original so maybe it really is him doing it, but what do i know?

Well, yes...he is a good player. Unfortunatley for him, I know the guy who REALLY recorded that Sea Of Lies cover. He was an old GuitarWar.com buddy of mine, and I was there, on Paltalk, when he was figuring the whole song out. It's the exact same mp3. I mean common, do any Puppet's other clips sound nearly that good? Playing and production wise. I just wish I hadn't deleted the original my buddy sent me 2 years ago.

It's not his playing that I dislike, he is a great player...it's the dishonesty.

Archived