7 TONELAB clips + TAPPING VIDEO

Robbert 01

• Members
Originally posted by Freak Guitar

Well, yes...he is a good player. Unfortunatley for him, I know the guy who REALLY recorded that Sea Of Lies cover. He was an old GuitarWar.com buddy of mine, and I was there, on Paltalk, when he was figuring the whole song out. It's the exact same mp3. I mean common, do any Puppet's other clips sound nearly that good? Playing and production wise. I just wish I hadn't deleted the original my buddy sent me 2 years ago.

It's not his playing that I dislike, he is a great player...it's the dishonesty.

:( Well maybe Puppet can explain since i like most of the stuff he has posted and he seems like a good guy!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, yes...he is a good player. Unfortunatley for him, I know the guy who REALLY recorded that Sea Of Lies cover. He was an old GuitarWar.com buddy of mine, and I was there, on Paltalk, when he was figuring the whole song out. It's the exact same mp3. I mean common, do any Puppet's other clips sound nearly that good? Playing and production wise. I just wish I hadn't deleted the original my buddy sent me 2 years ago.

It's not his playing that I dislike, he is a great player...it's the dishonesty.

Well, I Dont know for sure but I must admit that I was wondering why some of the clips that he posted sounded WAY different to me . I loved the Clips that he posted but I do hear lots of differences (especially in the vibrato and technique) I chose to be silent about it because he has always been very cool but I must admit that I thought that ther might be some misleading going on.

That said, im not 100% sure and No offense to Puppet.. Just being Honest. He can feel free to chime in.

Ralph

• Members

THANK GUYS!! I really appreciate your kind words!!

Here's a tab of the first 2 bars of 'Etude'...2nd link I've posted.
It's very important not using to much gain. Play as clean as possible.

First 2 bars Etude:

rob.jpg

Here's a slow mp3 (guitar pro 4):

Link: http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000135269_000010637_proj.mp3

Tonelab-settings I will post later today.

Enjoy and good luck!

• Members
Originally posted by uv7lng

Pretty amazing! you are boring. No one cares about that stuff anymore. Your technical skills are awesome but you have nothing to say.Sorry at least to me.

U

v:(

Yeah... no one cares about this stuff even though half the people on harmony central seem to think its amazing :rolleyes:
If you dont like it then its probably best to keep it to yourself. You wouldnt like it if someone told you that your playing was boring and no one cares about that type of music.
Just out of interest, what music do you like ?

• Members

btw i wonder whats so shred about it, i mean i can hardly call thhe bluesy thing shred... i agree that its fast and it has a lot of sweeptap blabvla going on, but it does sound bluesey and not shreddy. But well, i guess that the people who think this is shred call steve vai a shredder too.

• Members

Originally posted by crwnedblasphemy

Can the tonelab get good metal rythm tones, or is it primarily good for soloing? Thanks.....I can't stop listening....Robert you are incredible!

Tonelab has a bad rep for not being able to do high gain. I don't know who started this but must have been some insecure XT owner. I can make the little blue box do some seriously hard rhythm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, great...

Could you please post your tonelab settups on the 7 clips?? at least the Neo classic settups...

I dont have that much knowledge about effects and so on, so I cant manage to create things like that myself...

Would you please post your setup? it would be fantastic if you could put them into that tonelab program thingy ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I sew this post once again, and those clips are so good!
the playing, the feel and mostly the great sound!
so, Robert, you recorded like this:

Guitar--->ToneLab (Dasktop version, not SE)--->Yamaha Hard disk Recorder (can you link it?)?
thats it?

and again I enjoyed very much listening to the clips again.

what about the CD you were working on?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

:eek:

PuppetOfMasters this can't be true can it?!?!?!?

Archived