OT: Zakk Wylde and Dean Guitars

Random Hero

• Members

I have a Bootleg of a concert with BLACK LABEL and Zakk comes out on stage with his Dean guitar. Crazy looking star shaped thing and he proceeds in telling this stury about how DIMEBAG Darrell called him up one day because they trade guitars and used to talk shop before his death -(RIP) - and he said that Dimebag told him quote "Wait til you see what I have for you this time" And it turned out to the Dean star shaped monster!! He then proceeded in playing a instrumental in memory of Dime and ripped out a 25 minute long solo with more thirty second note runs and shred licks than a Yngwie Malmsteen instructional video!

Eqpt: Marshall 2203x 100 watt

Marshall1960a cab

Bogner Uberschall Version 2

Uberschall Ubercab (Love this amp !)

71 LP Custom Black /Dimarzio Super D and PAF PRo

03 PRS Singlecut Birds Drk Chry w/ PRS 7's (nice pickups)

TC Elect. GForce

Seinheiser Wireless

Furman regulator

SKB Flight 4 spce

Boss OD1 Vintage 14 prong chip mod and cdual clipping mod Analogman (Love this pedal thru the Marshall)It slams my Marshall into hyper drive

Ibanez TS9 808 Brown mod

Morley Volume

Morley ABY

Morley Bad Horsey 2 Wah

Monster cables studio

• Members

Originally posted by Daneswede1

I have a Bootleg of a concert with BLACK LABEL and Zakk comes out on stage with his Dean guitar. Crazy looking star shaped thing and he proceeds in telling this stury about how DIMEBAG Darrell called him up one day because they trade guitars and used to talk shop before his death -(RIP) - and he said that Dimebag told him quote "Wait til you see what I have for you this time" And it turned out to the Dean star shaped monster!! He then proceeded in playing a instrumental in memory of Dime and ripped out a 25 minute long solo with more thirty second note runs and shred licks than a Yngwie Malmsteen instructional video!

and he ate 12 babies while sacrificing a virgin. to bill brasky!!!

• Members

Originally posted by Freak Guitar

I don't think he has signed to Dean at all, I think he just has his name on the site, and plays that guitar, in tribute to Dimebag.

I agree with that actually. There are a million guys out there that are "endorsees" of x guitar or amp but it doesn't mean it's their main axes. I really can't imagine he would give up his Les Pauls after all these years.

• Members

Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky was in a production of, 'The King & I?' On opening night, Brasky chloroforms the entire cast and slowly eats them in front of the audience for two hours. The production got pretty good reviews...

TO BILL BRASKY!!

• Members

Man, I really like the look of Zakk with that guitar (even more than with his Gibson). Just curious does he ever play Jacksons live? I remember a magazine cover that had Zakk with a Jackson Randy Rhoads model guitar and was wondering if he's actually allowed to do that with his current Gibson endorsement.

• Members

Originally posted by MitchSchaft

Mainly because you're throwing around stupid comments (throw him enough money, blah blah..).

it'll only be a stupid comment when you can go 5 pages in a guitar mag without seeing him endorse something.

• Members

Originally posted by Hell Bites

Man, I really like the look of Zakk with that guitar (even more than with his Gibson). Just curious does he ever play Jacksons live? I remember a magazine cover that had Zakk with a Jackson Randy Rhoads model guitar and was wondering if he's actually allowed to do that with his current Gibson endorsement.

He played a guitar just like Randy's polka-dotted one when i saw him in April. I think it was made by the original luthier.

• Members

yeah him taking money from dean would be so bad, especially since it's obviously worse than him taking money from gibson. whatever, endorsements and making money aren't evil, if that's even what happened. plus the usa deans kill gibson in the qc dept. anyway.

Archived