New Jam/Backing Track: Slow n Nasty FUNK!

Red Ant

• Members

Originally posted by SLO Rogue

If any of you guys are recording into the computer, what soundcard are you using? I'm going to start a soundcard thread if you want to post in there.

I'm using an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 with a cheap Behringer UB1202 for all the cable routing... Does da job for me.

My take was recorded with the free Mackie Tracktion version... Delay and Reverb added after the take.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yoeri, my favorite from you, very nice phasing and great tone!!!

SLO, bad ass phasing as always, really gritty and I can feel your playing!!!

Trev, damn boy you are going to own if you keep this pace up :cool: Very nice playing, your phasing and improv are just fine in my opinion, rock on!

Michael, yeah man you did it slow and nasty!!! Enjoyed your wah work, your stuff is always so cool with the vox.

BenoA, Very cool bro, I am gald another rock came to the plate :D

• Moderators

I dont have time for a long post, but let me just say this - you guys are all AWSOME!!!! Takes like these keep me doing backing tracks when i should be making tracks for my album ;) Thanks for all the kind words, also :)

• Members

BenoA: That tone cuts like a knife! Serious lickage happening as well. Great take.

acousticvoodoo: I think was my fav take. I love the guitar you used to back up the lyrics. It's got that recognizable theme thing happening. The solos were some great feel. Excellent job man.

• Members

Thanks for the comments fellers. I actually didn't tell my son I was posting his take. He's pretty excited about the comments. He's progessing quite well. He's a hell of a lot better than I was at that age. Hell, I wasn't even playing at that age.

He's a bit lazy when it comes to learning some basic theory stuff though. But he never listens to me....even though I was right about getting over that initial hump when first learning to play. I was thinking of offering him $50 if he'd learn everything in my old guitar book. :)

Originally posted by BenoA

SLO Rogue's son - Damn, 14 and soloing!!! Let da lil' boy jam and he is not bad at all, he rocks!!! I wish at least one of my 3 sons will pick up the guitar... They are 10, 8 and 6 and none have shown some interest yet...

Dang, you've got a small colony there. :) I bought Trevor a guitar when he was like 5! He wasn't interested at all. The turning point was a G3 show here in Nashville about 1.5 years ago. I took him to see it and the next thing you know he was wanting to play. Once he saw those guys on stage playing the hell out of their guitars, he was hooked.

They just have to see how cool it is...then they'll dig it. Kids. :rolleyes: Take them to see a Vai show or G3. If that doesn't do it, they aren't going to interested.

He's grown up listening to my favs, and they've since become his inspirations. Hendrix, EVH, Vai, and Satch. Not a bad group of influences.

Originally posted by acousticvoodoo

SLO Rogue. Seems like your solo is mixed a bit lower in the mix than most. Not

• Members
Originally posted by Red Ant

Takes like these keep me doing backing tracks when i should be making tracks for my album
;)

Dude, they are much appreciated. You've got some really jammable, solid backing tracks. I say keep up the good work! :)

• Members

SLORogue: Great crunchy tone, loved it and the playing is sweet!!

SLO son: wow impressive for a 14 year old!!

Benoa: Cool stuff, tasty playing but you seem to have a lot of noise which kinda kills the spaces you are leaving still great playing!

Acousticvoodoo: Digging it bro, cool vocals. Great wah work!!

Rotren: I really diggy the fizzyness in your tone, works EXCELLENT for this stuff, great playing!!

Scott: Hahaha why not going high gain, you proved it works!! Sounds great bro!

I

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

YEah Myron, where's your take?????????
:)

+1! I really want to hear Myron over this backing.

Once again big thanks to Anton for doing this. This is going straight to my backings folder.

Archived