Diezel Einstein Is In Da House!!!!!

Alex Flouros

• Members

Originally posted by Alex Flouros

DO NOT make the mistake and think that because this amp is cheaper it will be a compromize toy...this is the real deal..

and the only thing i see is improvements to the tones on all previous Diezels...

the cost comes down only because of the less features like midi,seperate eqs,inserts etc...

but for me this is the best Diezel yet...

Alex

Alex, I forget, but does the Einstein have the circuitry to be able to handle the myriad of tubes that the Herbert does?

Also, I would love an Einstein, but the midi channel/efx switching is just too cool to be without.

I love my Herbert! :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Custom Built

Alex, I forget, but does the Einstein have the circuitry to be able to handle the myriad of tubes that the Herbert does?

Also, I would love an Einstein, but the midi channel/efx switching is just too cool to be without.

I love my Herbert!
:D

4 octal sockets, biasable pairs - mixed configurations possible (EL34, 6550, 6L6, KT88) [100 Watt version]

It is right on the link that Olaf provided, I would read first.

• Members

alex, are you just excited with a new diezel in the house or is it truly performing better in the ways you mentioned? i was thinking of waiting a year, then trying out the amp, in case there is a mk2 with significant upgrades... but if you honestly think it's that much of a step above, maybe i should try it. i was kind of pushing the idea of trying one aside, thinking 3 diezels would be too many. more thoughts?

• Members

Originally posted by Mr Ten

alex, are you just excited with a new diezel in the house or is it truly performing better in the ways you mentioned? i was thinking of waiting a year, then trying out the amp, in case there is a mk2 with significant upgrades... but if you honestly think it's that much of a step above, maybe i should try it. i was kind of pushing the idea of trying one aside, thinking 3 diezels would be too many. more thoughts?

I

• Members

Originally posted by Mr Ten

no man...

this is not the first time i play the Eintein...

i had the opportunity to play it for a whole day at the messe many months back and at Olaf's place for almost 2 more days...

i have been a hardcore VH4 fan..had 2 of em...

but i'm absolutely sure that this one is my favourite tone wise...

no doubts about that...

Alex

• Members

Originally posted by C-4

Alex,

Congradulations! What a wonderful description you have given on the Einstein!

As you stated, the neighbors are hearing you very well...in my neighborhood!...and they are blaming me for the loud guitar music.

Keep it up, brother!

Stephen

:D :D

thanks bro..

Alex

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Owens

Alex...Congrats..and Im sure youll be posting some clips soon..
:)

a couple of things...

50 or 100.??

Price.??

Waiting Period.?

Make a video or something man..not enought of your stuff up ..

hey man..

i was going for the 50watter at first....

but at the lat minute i decided to go for the big boy...

so this is the 100W one...

you'll have to ask Pete about the prices guys...

also about the waiting..i think it's not fuly on the market yet but i'm sure it will be available soon...

cheers,

Alex

• Members

Originally posted by AgentOrange

Congrats dude, your post makes me want to get my herbert sounding as good as it can. I really admire your lead playing, and I think i remember one of your guitars having single coils in the neck position and i was wondering if you could help me out...

When im using my SL-1s neck EMG SA single coil, it feels a little bit stiff and weak, but when i boost it with my SD-1, it has that liquidy feel im after. Have you ever had this issue with any of your amps? If so, did you use a boost with it or did you have another way of getting that easy feel from the amp. Is sounds like its not compressing enough, which i guess is understandable for a 180W amp, but even turning it up full blast isnt quite the same. Its not like the amp has no gain either! It might be the EMGs i have, but at the moment im really not sure and i dont like running an expensive amp with a noisy $30 boost pedal!

I think I need to get my herbert retubed and blasting through a decent cab to get the best out of it. The marshall cab i have doesnt like the herberts low end and whereas the herberts frequency output is huge, the marshalls response seems 'smaller', like im missing something off the bottom and top end. When i tried a herbert through the front loaded cab i heard what i wanted to hear from my 1960 cab.

James

hey James...

i think its the kind of pickup...

i use several stuff on my guitars and keep each guitar for a single purpose when it comes to the neck pickup...

so sometimes i have a kinman for less gain and more strat like tones,sometimes have a humbacker for big metal tones and sometimes something like a stack single for a mix of those two...

Alex

• Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

and my buddies billybogner and zachman raved about it at NAMM

....and Peter is such a wonderful guy

One of THE most impressive things at NAMM., for sure.

Dan (in HI) has 1 on order that I have my eye on.......

and yes, Peter is way cool.;)

• Members

Alex- glad to hear you're back to Diezel. I alway thought the VH4 really suited you.

I've been gassing for an Einstein lately and had a quick question. When you change modes on the first channel does the amp change volume levels a lot?

I'm wondering if I'd be able to gig it easily without a lot of tweaking between songs. Some I need a good clean and others I don't.

So far, nothing has beaten the VH4 for my needs!:) With you saying the Einstein does the third channel- I may have to unload some gear!

• Members

Originally posted by badtoneno

Alex- glad to hear you're back to Diezel. I alway thought the VH4 really suited you.

I've been gassing for an Einstein lately and had a quick question. When you change modes on the first channel does the amp change volume levels a lot?

I'm wondering if I'd be able to gig it easily without a lot of tweaking between songs. Some I need a good clean and others I don't.

So far, nothing has beaten the VH4 for my needs!
:)
With you saying the Einstein does the third channel- I may have to unload some gear!

Keep the VH4 :D

The volume level between the modes IMO is perfect, but of course it really depends on your personal needs/songs. But even if you wouldn`t be able to manage that - hook a G-Major or whatever into the loop (even with all fx bypassed) and simply adjust levels there by using the loudest @ db=0 and drop down the others (to -2dB or -3dB - IMO thats more than enough).

But as I`ve said - IMO its perfect.

• Members

Originally posted by Alex Flouros

i'm a happy man..can't you tell???
the Einstein arrived about 20 mins ago...

of course i tore everything up and plugged it in immediatelly..
i can't begin to tell you how wonderful this amp is...

god..i missed that screaming top end and that smooth and full of sustain tone...

anyway..ranting..
a full reveiw with the clips and everything will follow once i get to play this a bit more...

but by first impressions its even better than i remembered it from the Messe...

-channel 1..mode 1.. clean

just excellent..best i've heared from a Diezel...sparkly,bright and punchy...

-channel 1..mode 2...crunch

i'm not a really big fan of crunch channels..usually they tend to be very weak sounding to me...

i usually get my crunch tones by lowering a heavy drive channel...

but this one is sure a big surprize...it comes directly to the tone i would like by lowering the gain usually..and its punchy as hell..excellent...

-channel 1..mode 3..Drive

well this is actually the trademark Diezel tone that makes him so special..

the truth is that i remembered this a bit more soft..but as Olaf told me Pete tweaked this a bit now..and this comes to the trademark tone of the VH4's 3rd channel...and this is my dream rhythm tone...and the reason i had 2 VH4s in the past...

huge bottom,bite, and in one word...BALLS!

-channel 2...Drive

well this is a huge improvement for Mr Diezel..i always loved all his tones on the VH4 and especially the rhythm ones...also the solo tone of the 4th channel on the VH4...but there was something missing there IMO...and this is way close to my liking..

the tone is slightly more compressed here..that sounds amazingly well for solos..but a little more open than the VH4s 4th channel...also more fat sounding...and thats a big difference...sustain for days..

of course it would do modern rhythms perfectly as well...

so in overall i'm more pleased than i would expect to be...

this amp would cover almost everything for me...

metal tones to classic rock stuff easily...

DO NOT make the mistake and think that because this amp is cheaper it will be a compromize toy...this is the real deal..

and the only thing i see is improvements to the tones on all previous Diezels...

the cost comes down only because of the less features like midi,seperate eqs,inserts etc...

but for me this is the best Diezel yet...

one last thing i forgot to mention is the loop...

it works and sounds amazingly well..

so take care everybody..

i will return with clips and vids soon...
;)
gotta go play now...
Alex

20 mins ?? & you'r already writing a review ???

Congratulations anyway, i hoop this Diezel rocks !! i really wants to test one of this monsters one day.

Archived