Atlanta sucks.

juallhuce

• Members

Originally posted by diddlybo

Do you ever play at those places? If so, what's the band name? Maybe I'll drop in and give you guys a listen.

I have. I'm currently in a new project that isn't playing out yet. You should check out Metalsome Monday at 10 High. It's heavy metal karaoke with a live band. It's always packed, full of fine ladies and people out to have a great time. Best of all, there's no attitude or bull{censored}...just cool people looking to have fun.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by guitarded_1

I have. I'm currently in a new project that isn't playing out yet. You should check out Metalsome Monday at 10 High. It's heavy metal karaoke with a live band. It's always packed, full of fine ladies and people out to have a great time. Best of all, there's no attitude or bull{censored}...just cool people looking to have fun.

I know a girl who goes there pretty much every monday. Long straight blonde hair, blue eyes, biiiig tits.Name is Kathy. Ring any bells?

I've been meaning to check out the metalsome monday thing. I lived on St Charles until just a couple of months ago. That's right in my old hood.

• Members

Originally posted by dughaze

The best thing to happen in Atlanta hasn't happened yet... when I get a great bass player and drummer around here to start gigging regularly. That's when it'll be best... at least in my little world.
:D

Good luck!

I think all the good ones are taken.:(

• Members

atlanta seems to have a never ending (yet hidden supply) of killer musicians

damn near every metal band i see from down there has a lineup of people who can play their asses off, apparently they're all living in some underground cult untill their bands form tho...cuz finding such people to rip with when you're looking ain't so easy

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

atlanta seems to have a never ending (yet hidden supply) of killer musicians

damn near every metal band i see from down there has a lineup of people who can play their asses off, apparently they're all living in some underground cult untill their bands form tho...cuz finding such people to rip with when you're looking ain't so easy

Ever heard of Daath??

HOOOOOOOLY {censored}!

My friend Emil plays with them now. He's so damn good it's not even funny.

• Members

I have no clue why I started this thread other than complete boredom. I was stuck in Atlanta for flippin 2 weeks and had just run out of things to do. It was actually a pretty cool place. Underground Atlanta was a big letdown for me, personally. I was expecting more underground, less homeless people and less strip mall. This place was barely under a building. Also, unless you like Coca-Cola history type stuff, do NOT go to the Coke museum outside of Underground Atlanta. You'll get ripped for 9 bucks a pop and walk out with a sore rectum. Absolutely horrible. I did enjoy Stone Mountain. That was pretty cool..and downtown was neat to walk through. Just because I've never seen building so big all clustered together. I ate at the Hard Rock for the 1st time ever. That was pretty sweet.

So, Atlanta does NOT suck. Being there for two weeks, low on cash does though.

Someone made the comment about how Alexandria, Lousiana sucks(that's where i live). Yeah, it's sucks...but imagine a place liek this. ....

An hour from where i live now, i grew up there. Lived there my whole life and another fellow forumite lives there now too. I won't disclose his name because this is pretty shameful stuff. The mayor of this town is a tried and true redneK. Last I read, he "resigned" office. All in one term, he got in a fist fight with a town council man(i think) and got into some crap about that. Got into another fistfight with another guy at a drunken party....and ran off with the Town Clerk hoe. Is getting divorced because of it. That's hardcore. Not to metion our state representative who lives in this town that got caught banging some dude(he's a male) at a recreation park.

That's Louisiana for you. And it sucks. We ARE the armpit of the south.

• Members

Originally posted by juallhuce

I have no clue why I started this thread other than complete boredom. I was stuck in Atlanta for flippin 2 weeks and had just run out of things to do. It was actually a pretty cool place. Underground Atlanta was a big letdown for me, personally. I was expecting more underground, less homeless people and less strip mall. This place was barely under a building. Also, unless you like Coca-Cola history type stuff, do NOT go to the Coke museum outside of Underground Atlanta. You'll get ripped for 9 bucks a pop and walk out with a sore rectum. Absolutely horrible. I did enjoy Stone Mountain. That was pretty cool..and downtown was neat to walk through. Just because I've never seen building so big all clustered together. I ate at the Hard Rock for the 1st time ever. That was pretty sweet.

You stayed "downtaown", huh? That explains it...where you stayed is not really Atlanta...just a big sucky tourist trap. Atlanta is real spread out, so you have to hit the right bars...but where you stayed sucks total ass. Come back some time and hang out at Smith's Olde Bar, The Star Bar, Ten High, The Earl or any number of "local" joints.

• Members

Atlanta is always one of my favorite places to play on tour. Every time we've played it seems like the promoters have really taken care of us.

Jay Baker (Jim and Tammy Faye's son) has always had an incredible spread of food waiting for the bands at the Revolution.

The people at the Masquerade are completely top notch. Anything we wanted from the grill, 2 cases of beer, and more to take with us. Plus they have one of my favorite house p.a. systems I've ever played through for the upstairs, "heaven" stage.

Add Atlanta's endless supply of beautiful women into the mix and it's one of my favorite cities to visit.

Trey

• Members

Originally posted by Riverdragon

Man I loved the Masquerade while I was living there. Always some great shows there. And after the show you can go downstairs and watch some hoochies dance.

Exactly! I'm convinced that it's the most perfectly designed club ever. Loading out equipment through a sea of scantily clad booty-shakers was just icing on the cake.:D

• Members

Gotta hit the right places and stay out of the wrong ones...just like every city. Go see a good weekend show at the Tabernacle (or perhaps Crue or NIN at Philips Arena) and then go drink at Smith's Olde Bar. You would be out of your mind to not have fun.

Man, I used to go to Smith's all the time when I lived in Atlanta while at college. I miss that joint, they always had great music.

Matt

• Members

Originally posted by MCon

My folks now live in Memphis, so I've been there plenty... best dry ribs I've ever had. Best overall BBQ I've had, though, is here in Texas at Cooper's in Llano.

Used to live in Dallas. There's a joint there called Sonny Bryan's (the original location)...it's the {censored}. Texas knows how to do brisket.

• Members

Originally posted by Bloodjinn

Atlanta is always one of my favorite places to play on tour. Every time we've played it seems like the promoters have really taken care of us.

Jay Baker (Jim and Tammy Faye's son) has always had an incredible spread of food waiting for the bands at the Revolution.

The people at the Masquerade are completely top notch. Anything we wanted from the grill, 2 cases of beer, and more to take with us. Plus they have one of my favorite house p.a. systems I've ever played through for the upstairs, "heaven" stage.

Add Atlanta's endless supply of beautiful women into the mix and it's one of my favorite cities to visit.

Trey

upstairs at the masq rules indeed...we played up there for the first time a few months back, awesome venue

a couple of the dressing rooms have a rather odd odor tho, and i've been there a few times...it never seems to leave

• Members

Used to live in Dallas. There's a joint there called Sonny Bryan's (the original location)...it's the shit. Texas knows how to do brisket.

I've heard good stuff about that place. I've not been there yet, I don't know anybody in Dallas so I don't really have any reason to go up there, but maybe I'll have to make a BBQ run. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

upstairs at the masq rules indeed...we played up there for the first time a few months back, awesome venue

a couple of the dressing rooms have a rather odd odor tho, and i've been there a few times...it never seems to leave

It always smelled like piss to me.

• Members

Originally posted by Cheese Grits

Sonny Bryan's is a chain now, and it's not all that fantastic anymore.

I know...that's why I was singling out the original location. I ate there a couple of years ago, and found it to still be plenty badass. You fuckers are making me hungry.:mad:

Archived