Atlanta sucks.

juallhuce

• Members

I live in Macon, where everyone wants to thinks they're in Atlanta. all the OG's are out popping caps and all the musicians think they're hot {censored}...

We havent put out crap since The Allman Bro's. :(

But either way I'm so sick of Macon, I hope to live nearer to atlanta before I'm 30.

For the record, Macon is an hour south of Atlanta, right in the very very centerest center of georgia, that's Macon. :cool:

Things I hate about Atlanta
1. FAWKING TRAFFIC. :mad:
2. Da OG's and Homeless bastards. :mad:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The traffic in Atlanta is just friggin horrible, especially at spaghetti junction. If they could get rid of the traffic problems and change the name of a few streets, it would be much better. What I mean by changing the names of some streets is there are to many streets with Peachtree in the title, which is very confusing.

• Members

I lived in Locust Grove (35 minutes south of Hartsfield Airport) for two years and I loved it. Delta moved us to Dallas and then shut the hangar down.

Now that they are recalling mechanics, I'll more than likely be back in Atlanta sometime in the beginning of '07 (fingers crossed).

When I get there, I'm looking for people to hook up and jam with and maybe even start a band.

• Members

Originally posted by Songman68

The traffic in Atlanta is just friggin horrible, especially at spaghetti junction. If they could get rid of the traffic problems and change the name of a few streets, it would be much better. What I mean by changing the names of some streets is there are to many streets with Peachtree in the title, which is very confusing.

Hahahahahaha!!!

Yeah, Peachtree St., Peachtree Ln, Peachtree Ridge, just plain Peachtree.

You're absolutely right about that one.

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

I lived in Locust Grove (35 minutes south of Hartsfield Airport) for two years and I loved it. Delta moved us to Dallas and then shut the hangar down.

Now that they are recalling mechanics, I'll more than likely be back in Atlanta sometime in the beginning of '07 (fingers crossed).

When I get there, I'm looking for people to hook up and jam with and maybe even start a band.

If you live on the southside (Locust Grove?) hit me up! :thu:

• Members

i'm from atlanta, i'd trade it back if you wanna take my peice of ohio. trust me ohio for atlanta is a steal. i mean i am giving you the heartland. wanna trade,lol shiut to each his own but atalanta in my mind and heart is the {censored}, alot of memories there and some family. {censored} man that place is happening

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I hate Michael Vick and the Atlanta Falcons.

I have never, ever agreed with you.

Until now. I fully support this statement.

I hate Atlanta's whole "thug ass gangsta" image. All it promotes is ignorance. Look no further than Vick for proof.

I'm sure there are some killer spots with good food and music, just like anywhere though.

I was a long time Braves fan growing up but it seems like a different town now.

• Members

Originally posted by Dropped_2_C

i'm from atlanta, i'd trade it back if you wanna take my peice of ohio. trust me ohio for atlanta is a steal. i mean i am giving you the heartland. wanna trade,lol shiut to each his own but atalanta in my mind and heart is the {censored}, alot of memories there and some family. {censored} man that place is happening

As far as Ohio, I've got to agree with you. I've lived all over the lower 48, and Ohio has some serious weird fruity people. Cleveland? What a {censored}hole full of rude backward ass people. Atlanta and Cartersville was laid back, but the people were very friendly and made you feel welcome. Georgia is a nice place.

• Members
Originally posted by tlp123

As far as Ohio, I've got to agree with you. I've lived all over the lower 48, and Ohio has some serious weird fruity people. Cleveland? What a {censored}hole full of rude backward ass people. Atlanta and Cartersville were laid back, but the people were very friendly and made you feel welcome. Georgia is a nice place.

• Members

Speaking as a Brit I enjoyed Atlanta... Did all the touristy {censored} :)
Thought Stone Mountain was cool, saw the Braves play (god baseball is boring... far worse than cricket!), had a few beers in Hooters... I think the standout part was dinner in Dante's, that is a COOL restaurant :)

Didn't get to spend much time in the City though, was staying out in Smyrna and then moved on to Savannah, which I LOVED! :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by paulintheuk

Speaking as a Brit I enjoyed Atlanta... Did all the touristy {censored}
:)
Thought Stone Mountain was cool, saw the Braves play (god baseball is boring... far worse than cricket!), had a few beers in Hooters... I think the standout part was dinner in Dante's, that is a COOL restaurant

Didn't get to spend much time in the City though, was staying out in Smyrna and then moved on to Savannah, which I LOVED!
:cool:

Did ya get to check out underground Atlanta?

• Members

Had a wander around it, seem to remember some cool sports/sports memorabilia stores... Wasn't on HC then so didn't manage to see any guitars
:(

However made up for that in Nashville

Yea for the old south, and Great Britain!:D

• Members

Speaking as a Brit I enjoyed Atlanta... Did all the touristy {censored}
Thought Stone Mountain was cool, saw the Braves play (god baseball is boring... far worse than cricket!), had a few beers in Hooters... I think the standout part was dinner in Dante's, that is a COOL restaurant

Didn't get to spend much time in the City though, was staying out in Smyrna and then moved on to Savannah, which I LOVED!
:cool:

I lived in Smyrna too actually. Man you wouldn't believe that place now, just the small area of Smyrna has grown so much!

As far as great places to hang out and eat etc... Atlanta and the surrounding areas are great for it. Seems like everything I see or hear about these days has some connection to Atlanta.

• Members

Oh... don't go to Underground ATL... it used to be cool, now it's too thugged out to be of any good. Lots of "bling" shops, and oversized tshirt shops n' such.

If you get a chance, check out Midtown music on Druid Hills, they only carry custom shop instruments from Gibson, Fender, a few high end acoustic companies, and some other nice guitars. Tons of cool effects (even down to small brands like Smart People Factory)... Carr, Hiwatt, Victoria, London 65, and a few other high end amp makers. And they don't mind at all if you take even the nicest of their guitars and plug them into some of their nice amps. Only place I've ever been able to play a PRS Modern Eagle, 513, or a Jimmy Page LP without even asking.

Cool place :thu:

The mall of Georgia is nice too, that's where you want to go if you're looking for shopping... for God's sake not Underground.

• Members
Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

Oh... don't go to Underground ATL... it used to be cool, now it's too thugged out to be of any good. Lots of "bling" shops, and oversized tshirt shops n' such.

If you get a chance, check out Midtown music on Druid Hills, they only carry custom shop instruments from Gibson, Fender, a few high end acoustic companies, and some other nice guitars. Tons of cool effects (even down to small brands like Smart People Factory)... Carr, Hiwatt, Victoria, London 65, and a few other high end amp makers. And they don't mind at all if you take even the nicest of their guitars and plug them into some of their nice amps. Only place I've ever been able to play a PRS Modern Eagle, 513, or a Jimmy Page LP without even asking.

Cool place
:thu:

The mall of Georgia is nice too, that's where you want to go if you're looking for shopping... for God's sake not Underground.

Wow, I didn't realize UA had got that bad. Have not been to ATL since 1990

• Members

Underground ATl is awful....DO NOT GO THERE. On another note, i don't think anyone mentioned little five points. That place has some good rock venues. Star Bar comes to mind......i love that place. Also, the Vortex has amazingly awesome hamburgers.....and JunkMan's Daughter is fun to look around in.

• Members

Originally posted by John Denver

Underground ATl is awful....DO NOT GO THERE. On another note, i don't think anyone mentioned little five points. That place has some good rock venues. Star Bar comes to mind......i love that place. Also, the Vortex has amazingly awesome hamburgers.....and JunkMan's Daughter is fun to look around in.

great place to just hang outside and drink a couple of pitchers. the people you see walking by provide all the entertainment one needs. You'll see anything from a chick dressed like a 1920's pinup girl to an old black dude dressed as a japanese monk smoking a joint in broad daylight. Last time I was there, there was a group of guys sitting at a table smoking down with a cop not more than 12 feet away inside of Little 5 Pizza.

Archived