my new cab

evhfan

• Members

Originally posted by evhfan

well, i pulled the trigger on one of these pups... ;D

spl41205blksp.jpg

now i need to sell like 2 of my other cabs...anyone want a mint genz benz gflex 2X12?

Ahhhh Total Crap.... You should have gotten a Mojave cab.

:D:D:D

• Members

That thing is sexy as hell! I'm really interested in the Splawn heads, the features seem great, the lead tone is amazing from the clips and the prices are cheaper than Marshall and they are supposed to be better so i'm definitely intrigued.

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

That thing is sexy as hell! I'm really interested in the Splawn heads, the features seem great, the lead tone is amazing from the clips and the prices are cheaper than Marshall and they are supposed to be better so i'm definitely intrigued.

I've been foaming over a quick rod for quite some time now....I got wife approval to get one..

I'm just nervous as hell considering I haven't had a chance to play through one yet =(

I want a qr and a 2x12 splawn cab

• Members
Originally posted by shreder75

I've been foaming over a quick rod for quite some time now....I got wife approval to get one..

I'm just nervous as hell considering I haven't had a chance to play through one yet =(

That is my big issue! I have a few amps on my list that I think would be great but without playing them i'm not sure. I have heard of people going through Cobra's and other amps I want and coming back to a XXX so I don't know if it's just gas attacking me or if they really are better amps. I am happy with my tone but like any guitarist I always think it could be a little better. I have bought a lot of gear in the last year so i'm going to have to save up some gig money to fund another amp if I find something I truly like better!

• Members

That is my big issue! I have a few amps on my list that I think would be great but without playing them i'm not sure. I have heard of people going through Cobra's and other amps I want and coming back to a XXX so I don't know if it's just gas attacking me or if they really are better amps. I am happy with my tone but like any guitarist I always think it could be a little better. I have bought a lot of gear in the last year so i'm going to have to save up some gig money to fund another amp if I find something I truly like better!

you took the words right outta my mouth..'I like my tone.....wonder if it could be better'..

same thing with me! hel, I just got my amp back in march...lol..I wanted a splawn at the time, but it didn't seem in the cards and the price was right..

now I have the go ahead....and I'm really just waiting for a dealer upstaet to get one in so I can try it with the 2x12 (to see if I like the sound of the cab..and that'll determine if I unload mine or not)

so tempting just to call Scott and order one sometimes...but i'm only gonna get it if I'm COMPLETELY happy with it..

the clips sound good...the reviews are great...but I've been burned by that before SEVERAL times...

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

Ahhhh Total Crap.... You should have gotten a Mojave cab.

:D
:D:D

:D :D :D ..i'll tell ya, the mojave cabs look just as good.

i ordered this one because i already have a purple one just like it but needed one to gig out with...the purple one is too heavy to move up and down the stairs every week

• Members

Originally posted by AgentOrange

I dont care how they sound becuase those cabs are pretty damn sexy lookin. Though i imagine they come through in the sound department too! How much was it if you dont mind me asking?

James

it's $699

• Members

you took the words right outta my mouth..'I like my tone.....wonder if it could be better'..

same thing with me! hel, I just got my amp back in march...lol..I wanted a splawn at the time, but it didn't seem in the cards and the price was right..

now I have the go ahead....and I'm really just waiting for a dealer upstaet to get one in so I can try it with the 2x12 (to see if I like the sound of the cab..and that'll determine if I unload mine or not)

so tempting just to call Scott and order one sometimes...but i'm only gonna get it if I'm COMPLETELY happy with it..

the clips sound good...the reviews are great...but I've been burned by that before SEVERAL times...

exactly, I have heard recordings of amps that amazed me but in person they just didn't do it for me.

• Members

exactly, I have heard recordings of amps that amazed me but in person they just didn't do it for me.

once again, took the words right outta my mouth..so while i'm tempted just to say the hell with it and order one, I know the consequences of doign that and not being happy with it..espeically if you're ordering direct from a private builder with no (that I know of) return policy

• Members

once again, took the words right outta my mouth..so while i'm tempted just to say the hell with it and order one, I know the consequences of doign that and not being happy with it..espeically if you're ordering direct from a private builder with no (that I know of) return policy

let me know what you end up doing. I guess I have never hated an amp that I thought I would like but there have only been a few in my life that really did it for me, my XXX is one of those and before that it was my Mesa Mark IIB, I spent years trying to replace that due to some live versitility issues but every time I would try something out it would either sound about the same or worse so I kept it forever. I have friends in LA so I just need to go visit them soon so I can try out the majority of the gas I have.

• Members

let me know what you end up doing. I guess I have never hated an amp that I thought I would like but there have only been a few in my life that really did it for me, my XXX is one of those and before that it was my Mesa Mark IIB, I spent years trying to replace that due to some live versitility issues but every time I would try something out it would either sound about the same or worse so I kept it forever. I have friends in LA so I just need to go visit them soon so I can try out the majority of the gas I have.

i'll definetly keep ya posted since you're interested in the splawn stuff....

I'm going to give it a couple more days and if I don't hear from the dealer (who was supposed to be getting it in soon and was also outta town) then I'll be a pain in the ass and send him another email....if he STILL doesn't have it, I might just have to call scott on saturday and say the hell with it....

• Members

i'll definetly keep ya posted since you're interested in the splawn stuff....

I'm going to give it a couple more days and if I don't hear from the dealer (who was supposed to be getting it in soon and was also outta town) then I'll be a pain in the ass and send him another email....if he STILL doesn't have it, I might just have to call scott on saturday and say the hell with it....

I have a local dealer that carries fairly high end stuff and he is usually willing to try new stuff so i'm going to talk to him about Splawn and maybe Framus. Right now he carries Mesa, Rivera, Badcat, Thd and will get in various other stuff from time to time. He doesn't have a badcat in stock yet though since apparently they are back ordered pretty bad right now.

• Members

I have a local dealer that carries fairly high end stuff and he is usually willing to try new stuff so i'm going to talk to him about Splawn and maybe Framus. Right now he carries Mesa, Rivera, Badcat, Thd and will get in various other stuff from time to time. He doesn't have a badcat in stock yet though since apparently they are back ordered pretty bad right now.

the music store where I used to live (now about 20 minutes out from me...used to be 5 minutes) carries most of that too..

marshall, mesa, framus, diezel, H&K, groove tube, Genz Benz, THD, Badcat...everything except splawn, engl and bogner now that I think about it..lol...three things that I WANT to try!!!!

I tried a couple of the badcat combos...I wasn't really impressed by them at all...the diezel sounded nice..but $4000 nice? um, no =) I didn't get a chance to try the framus combo or the H&K head

• Members

the music store where I used to live (now about 20 minutes out from me...used to be 5 minutes) carries most of that too..

marshall, mesa, framus, diezel, H&K, groove tube, Genz Benz, THD, Badcat...everything except splawn, engl and bogner now that I think about it..lol...three things that I WANT to try!!!!

I tried a couple of the badcat combos...I wasn't really impressed by them at all...the diezel sounded nice..but $4000 nice? um, no =) I didn't get a chance to try the framus combo or the H&K head

My dealer can order Bogner stuff but because of the cost doesn't keep it in stock, he's a fairly small dealer and can't have $3000 sitting on the floor for a long time. We have a Genz Benz dealer in town but they only carry the bass stuff! I have an H & K dealer as well but once again only the cheapo stuff. I loved the hotcat 30 I played but it didn't do the metal stuff well enough for me and it's a two channel amp without a solo boost so that bothers me as well. The splawn has all the features I want and looks badass too, if they sound as good in person as the clips than i'm pretty sure I would be happy with one.

• Members

My dealer can order Bogner stuff but because of the cost doesn't keep it in stock, he's a fairly small dealer and can't have $3000 sitting on the floor for a long time. We have a Genz Benz dealer in town but they only carry the bass stuff! I have an H & K dealer as well but once again only the cheapo stuff. I loved the hotcat 30 I played but it didn't do the metal stuff well enough for me and it's a two channel amp without a solo boost so that bothers me as well. The splawn has all the features I want and looks badass too, if they sound as good in person as the clips than i'm pretty sure I would be happy with one.

I was actually shocked to see all the high ticket stuff in that store! when I went there it was crate, mesa and that's pretty much it...lol...now it's like a haven for people seeking high priced, high gain amps

that's what I like about the splawn too...half power, two overdrives, three input modes, clean, etc, etc...hope i'm not building this thing up to be something that it ain't..eek!

• Members

I was actually shocked to see all the high ticket stuff in that store! when I went there it was crate, mesa and that's pretty much it...lol...now it's like a haven for people seeking high priced, high gain amps

that's what I like about the splawn too...half power, two overdrives, three input modes, clean, etc, etc...hope i'm not building this thing up to be something that it ain't..eek!

BTW, I think I posted this at the time but I actually think those b52 amps are really good for the money. I haven't played the st version but the one you had to me sounded just as good as a lot of the big boys. I played it through the stock B52 cab so i'm sure it would be even better through my gflex. Just like a bunch of others it didn't make me want to take it home but it definitely sounded way better than I thought it would.

• Members

BTW, I think I posted this at the time but I actually think those b52 amps are really good for the money. I haven't played the st version but the one you had to me sounded just as good as a lot of the big boys. I played it through the stock B52 cab so i'm sure it would be even better through my gflex. Just like a bunch of others it didn't make me want to take it home but it definitely sounded way better than I thought it would.

I agree...for the money, you can't beat it as far as tube goes..I've gotten a few compliments on it...I get more enjoyment playing through this than I did with any of the other amps Iv'e ever had, that's for sure...that's why I don't wanna get rid of it...I'd take a huge hit for one thing and considering what I paid for it, it wouldn't put a dent in the splawn

it probably would sound killer through your 4x12..sounds good through my 2x12...but mine's sitting on the floor...so it usually sounds best when I'm on the floor in front of it (I'm sure you've seen alotta people talk about putting these thigns and other 2x12's off the floor...something with the projection or some such)..but through a monster 4x12 like yours there would be no issues at all I'm sure...

I still want the Quick Rod though..lol..nothin' wrong with havin 'a 6l6 and an el34 amp in the collection ;)

Archived