WOT: My town is going to destroy itself (gas tanker strike)

EpiPaul03

• Members

Must I repeat the title?

That's right everyone, no gas for my town of 50,000 people because the oil tankers are on strike. Hopefully tonight it will get worked out before it actually takes place...Otherwise, the real hate will come out of everyone..it's sorta scary to think about actually...

thoughts?

• Members

Originally posted by EpiPaul03

Must I repeat the title?

That's right everyone, no gas for my town of 50,000 people because the oil tankers are on strike. Hopefully tonight it will get worked out before it actually takes place...Otherwise, the real hate will come out of everyone..it's sorta scary to think about actually...

thoughts?

Where you at in Ohio? I'll be very pissed if I drive there and can't get gas.

• Members

They are going on strike because:

These truckers are independent. Therefore they don't get government money and the oil companies hiring these guys do not pay them for their own gas. They have to fill their tanks out of their own pockets, which is a lot of money if you are a trucker.

Gas rose to 3.15 today. Overnight, 70 cents.

• Members

Must I repeat the title?

thoughts?

:(

• Members

Originally posted by aeonrevolution

See now maybe some big conglomorated corporation will step in, make a new efficient and clean fuel, and make themselves loads of money in the process while getting us off oil.

Ahhh I can always dream I guess.

Dream on:rolleyes:

;)

• Members

Man, did I ever call that one in the air.

I said just a few days ago, that truckers will go on strike if gas prices keep going up, since they don't get compensated for the fuel they use.

Sorry to hear it - but, if it lasts a while, expect your town to come to a complete crawl, and othe cities to follow suit.

• Members

Originally posted by indespise

I've been hearing this as well, and I'm in Jackson. I'm just glad somebody is doing something to fight this bull{censored}.

If your smart, you will go to the store, buy a shotgun, plenty of ammo, and then go to the stores (without the gun in hand) and buy up as much canned food as you can pack in your car.

Time to build up that bomb shelter...

• Members

Originally posted by kannibul

Man, did I ever call that one in the air.

I said just a few days ago, that truckers will go on strike if gas prices keep going up, since they don't get compensated for the fuel they use.

Sorry to hear it - but, if it lasts a while, expect your town to come to a complete crawl, and othe cities to follow suit.

Forget a crawl, me might come to a crumble~!

• Members

They did the same thing in the Uk a few years ago. Hauliers blockaded the oil refinaries in a protest against our govts huge taxes on fuel. The result was in about 3 or 4 days people ran out of petrol & couldn't fill up.

However it was fine for me, because I work in the health sector - I had a pass to be able to buy emergency fuel :) The roads were almost deserted, it was great :cool: :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by kannibul

If your smart, you will go to the store, buy a shotgun, plenty of ammo, and then go to the stores (without the gun in hand) and buy up as much canned food as you can pack in your car.

Time to build up that bomb shelter...

Nah, I'd say my 9mm and katanas would do alright in a situation like that. :D

• Members

sure it's not just baseless rumors, like what went on a couple weeks ago in alabama?

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/11243567176150.xml&coll=1

fan the flames if you feel like it... it'd make more sense to just wait and see whether or not it actually happened than try to get everyone worked up about it in advance.

• Members

east central ohio is where it's happening.

For some reason my friend told me he saw a gas truck. So perhaps all of them didn't go on strike...But enough to make gas prices rise 70 cents in one night.

Gulp. You don't happen to live near Cambridge or St. Clairsville do you?

• Members

This {censored} is really hurting our truckers.

I think it's about time that we stop forking OUR money over to every other country and start taking care of home. We've got more than enough problems right here to take care of.

If we need to build refineries...........then let's build them.

When we've solved the energy crisis, the economy strengthens, good paying jobs are created, health care becomes affordable for EVERYONE and the schools have the funding they need, perhaps then we can start thinking about policing the world and building free nations. Personally, I couldn't give a {censored} about any other country but ours. Start taking care of Americans. :mad:

rockfish

• Members

Originally posted by Romanian Reaper

Gulp. You don't happen to live near Cambridge or St. Clairsville do you?

LOL Yes. One of my friends lives in Cambridge..it's about 15 minutes from my town...Gas is now 3.15 but I've seen some gas trucks, but very few....so hopefully things will get worked out.

I live in Zanesville.

• Members

Originally posted by facefirst

Thank god I just got a new job 10 minutes from home (I used to drive 3o miles one way). I've only had to gas my car up once in almost 3 weeks.

You live in Lakewood? When I was in like 8th grade we played them in Football several times..

Archived