great bands horrible singers?

the kip

• Members

i was reading the LOG thread. and though man i really love me some black flag..i only wish i didnt have to listen to that anoying prick henry rollins ruin some classic songs. i also feel thesame way about the cows and to a much lesser degree the birthday party.

so what bands do you love with vocals that make you cringe.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Roger Waters of Pink Floyd...

I love Pink Floyd, one of my favorite bands, and I even really like Roger Waters' singing in most of their songs he sings, but he is still a very bad singer compared to Dave.

Roger's voice still freaks me out, and I like the interplay Dave and Roger had back in the day.

• Members
"Well, I listened to the entire new [MEGADETH] album and it's a piece of crap. I think Mustaine is one of the worst singers in rock ever, and this is not because I have a personal vendetta with him. Whoever told him that he can sing should be shot on the spot!"

kerry king

• Members

Originally posted by Rocinante

Rush has an awesome singer.

I agree. He's very good at the style he sings... it's just not everybody's cup o' tea (and I can totally understand that, I didn't like him at first) but you never hear his voice crapping out or him not hitting his notes. I would say that makes him a good singer and it comes down to personal preference whether you like it or not. Kind of like Led Zep... I think there are times when Plant's falsetto voice is much harsher then Lee's, but I still like it for the most part.

• Members

Did I miss a memo saying it was cool to dis Percy Plant? :-/

What's with all the 'zep hate of late?

Nevermore is one of the newer crop of metalcoredeath (whatver sub-genre it is) that is actually listenable IMO.

Archived