great bands horrible singers?

the kip

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WHO THE F*CK SAID SOAD!?!?!? SERJ rocks!! Yea... James LaBrie from Dream Theater IS pretty lame. And the fact that Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci write the majority of the lyrics for him makes him even lamer. Although James can hit a really high note so i give him credit for that... but I think he is getting too old.

• Members
Originally posted by PRSnotPOS

WHO THE F*CK SAID SOAD!?!?!? SERJ rocks!! Yea... James LaBrie from Dream Theater IS pretty lame. And the fact that Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci write the majority of the lyrics for him makes him even lamer. Although James can hit a really high note so i give him credit for that... but I think he is getting too old.

I was listening to SOAD on the radio the other day, and I asked my dad what he thought of them and he said that the singer sounds like Homer Simpson on drugs.:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by PRSnotPOS

WHO THE F*CK SAID SOAD!?!?!? SERJ rocks!!

Serj ain't hot {censored}, but I tell you what, if it came down to listening to Daron or having my nuts wailed on with bricks...

Well, I'd have to think real hard about the latter.

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

Led Zeppelin. I want to strangle Plant every time he starts saying "baby baby baby."

Guns 'N' Roses..for obvious reasons. I just heard a live version of Paradise City today on the radio and boy did Axl suck.

Children Of Bodom (okay, Laiho's screaming fits the music but I can't really make out a single word) and many other bands in the same genre.

James LaBrie has never bothered me that much and Geddy Lee is definitely an acquired taste. I didn't like his singing at first but now don't mind it at all, at least he doesn't screech anymore like on the early Rush albums.

]

Dude axl rose's voice is just high..and he has 2 voices a lower one which isnt that good but man hes high dude a little scratchy thing he does but its awesome..i wish i culd sing like him....And another thing it was the 70's/80's evryone sed Baby!!

• Members

Originally posted by J'no_that?

]

Dude axl rose's voice is just high..and he has 2 voices a lower one which isnt that good but man hes high dude a little scratchy thing he does but its awesome..i wish i culd sing like him....And another thing it was the 70's/80's evryone sed Baby!!

+1 good call dude

• Members
Originally posted by Tonemeister69

:confused:

u've gotta be kidding dude

Nah, he was never really that good, and these days he's just plain atrocious. After about Awake, he started going downhill pretty bad. That said, he was never really a good live singer.

The latest DT DVD has some disgustingly off pitch singing (i.e. for the large majority of the DVD).

• Members
Originally posted by Tonemeister69

u've gotta be kidding dude

I can't stand Jame's voice anymore. I would rather listen to Liquid Tension Experiment or Petrucci's solo stuff anyday especially with how aweful the new Dream Theater CD is.

• Members

Nevermore- don't get me wrong, the guy has a KILLER voice, but over the course of an entire album it gets old

Dream Theater- same as never more...the music is so varied, and the vocals don't really change with it

Dave Mustaine- just annoys the {censored} outta me

Mudvayne- singer is amazing in the studio, HORRIBLE live tho (i've seen them 3 times, never changes)

Slipknot- again he pulled off some nice stuff on the first two albums, live performance was WEAK tho

• Members

Originally posted by Kalebmation

Roger Waters of Pink Floyd...

I love Pink Floyd, one of my favorite bands, and I even really like Roger Waters' singing in most of their songs he sings, but he is still a very bad singer compared to Dave.

Roger's voice still freaks me out, and I like the interplay Dave and Roger had back in the day.

Rogers good IMO...so is Dave...oh well.

ummm Limp Bizkit is a good one...sorry, Durst sucks. theyd be a decent band without him...

almost any death metal band...like the music, respect what the vocal guys do, but its just not my thing...except maybe deicide...scary stuff.

and hey Kaleb, im the original Advocate for Midrange Dominance...bow now, fool!

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Looking at some of the ideas some of you guys have why don't we just add Queen, Aerosmith, Boston, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden. and Led Zep again to the list. It's funny how some of the greatest rock singers of our time get cranked on.

+1

This got be the most ignorant thread ever.

• Members

Originally posted by brutalmoe420

nevermore's music is some of the best i've ever heard but warrel kills it. i hate his vocals, he sounds like he's still stuck in the 80s.

Reason enough to like them. No cookie monster growling. Actual singing.

• Members

Originally posted by rastaman

I'll probably get flamed for some/all of these but off the top of my head:

Smashing Pumpkins - Corgan= whiney, whiney, great lyrics, annoying vocals

Dave Mathews - talented band, god aweful vocals

Bruce Springsteen - Just don't understand the hype

Quiot Riot - Cheesy lyrics and vocals

Rolling Stones - Mick sounds like a rock and roll queer " I'll make a dead man cum" leave that {censored} in the privacy of your own home.

You found one, Dave Mathews...Ugh!

Horrible vocals

• Members

Originally posted by JohnnyL

K-K-K-KORN!

I can't believe these guys haven't been mentioned yet. Terrible vocals.

JL

They shouldn't be mentioned! The thread is great bands with horrible singers. Korn is a horrible band with a horrible singer.

• Members

nevermore's music is some of the best i've ever heard but warrel kills it. i hate his vocals, he sounds like he's still stuck in the 80s

Thats a BAD thing?! Christ, some of metals best vocals came from the 80's!!! Dont get me wrong....I LOOOOOOOVE death metal, and I do dig the vocals too. But seriously, comparing todays metal bands, with, lets say, 80's thrash bands....in both era's, you've got primarily the same vocal styles being used in each one respectively.....BUT, you could ALWAYS tell a thrash band apart by its vocals alone, not even mentioning the music. Now....you got some excellent bands coming out....but the screamy / singy style? I cant tell these singers apart anymore with maybe a few exceptions (KSW, and Shadows Fall). It's not the vocal STYLE I have problem with....more the lack of originality and personality in the style.

I love singers like Dio, Ozzy (when he had range), Blitz (OverKill), Belladonna, Mustaine, Hetfield (when he DIDN'T TRY to sing), Rob Halford, Ripper Owens, Chuck Billy, King Diamond, Sabastion Bach (not really as heavy as nay of these bands....but GODDAMN could he sing!!!), Jake Barlow (Iced Earth)......I could go on, but these are all great metal vocolists with original style and personality.

And for the record, I dog Warrels vocals. I mean, I can see how they wouldnt be everybody's cup of tea...but he has a style that doesnt sound at all like anybody else PLUS excellent range and ability.

It's a sad day when anybody who can sing is considered 'dated'

Archived