Vito Bratta fans, check this out

ncook

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by leadfootdriver

Great player!

Since you might know, why exactly did he quit playing?

What is he doing now?

I just know what I hear on the website. Sounds like he does still play a little but not out in the public. Don't know exactly what he's doing now. Hopefully he'll run across the vito-bratta.com site and see there's a loyal fan base out there waiting for his return.

• Members

Originally posted by leadfootdriver

Great player!

Since you might know, why exactly did he quit playing?

What is he doing now?

I bet most of the "what happened to..." of 80's/90's metal guys had bad deals and what they did make they burned so fast and maybe got bald and got no game left and nothing to show for and have to work a {censored}ty job, trying to stay out of any limelight to avoid all the questions and {censored}. Plus ex-metallers don't really get much respect either.

He was/is a great player and I'd like to see him play again. Heard W.L. is playing again under Tramp solo outfit with a buncha new guys and even re-recorded old material. Sound like {censored}!! Maybe he should get Vito a call!

I LOVE that El Salvador song actually! That was brutal stuff:cool:

• Members

My understanding is that after the White Lion stuff he started playing classical guitar a ridiculous amount of hours a day, heard something snap in his wrist and that kind of ended it there. I don't know how true that really is, I read it in a magazine or somewhere. Must have severely injured himself from overuse. Sucks because I thought he was a really good guitarist and the only reason why White Lion really floated.

• Members

His playing on El Salvador is just spectacular all the way from the classical/electric guitar intro!

Just downloaded the "new" version and its HOOOORRIBLE!!! Lame arrangemant and the guitars are POD's all that way and sound so raspy and digital it hurt my spine! And the message about the people in El Salvador had a youthful honest impact back then and now it's sad he is using it to re record the song without meaning a word of it...so it feels at least.

• Members
Originally posted by CrackerD

Didn't the same hand injury happen to Adrian Vandenburg? From trying to use a certain type of hand stretching that was tought to him by a classical pianist, if I remember correctly.

Has a good playwr too, depite the Kim Basigner hairdoo.

hairdoo...they were twins!

• Members

If you read between the lines on the various Mike Tramp drivel that he spews whenever tramp gets interviewed....the suggestion is that Vito has put on a ton of weight...not that it really is that big of a deal...but the inference was that Mike tramp did not want to reform white lion if Vito was going to look that way.

Regardless, this 'Tramp's white lion' thats been touring is the most disturbing reformation of any band. White Lion's musical sound was all vito...and to watch tramp reform the band without him is downright offensive...

• Members

WL was one of the few cheesy-hair bands I really dug. Their songs were all written on acoustic guitar first if my memory serves me correctly. Most of their songs had quality lyrics as well, only a few songs were 80's cheese-wank lyrics. The song about the abused child (can't remember the song's title) was some SERIOUS heart-pulling!

The key to Vito being a great player IMO is that his solos were very melodic and actually tied to the melody of the song. The solos seemed to "fit" and "complement" the song and were not just arpeggio-wanking, scale-running fretboard acrobatics. He COULD do that, but chose not to. THAT's the difference.

• Members

Vito fans might want to hear this -

As far as I know this is one of the last (maybe the last) recordings Vito has done. It's a guest spot on Randy Coven's solo album CPR (from around 1992). Vito splits the solo on "Back in black" with a guitarist who is a local legend around the NY area Mark Hitt. Mark is one of the most incredible guitarists I've ever seen. I mean jaw dropping, mind blowing good as this solo will show. The guy is raw like Nugent but plays outside like Holdsworth. This is one of my favorite solos of all time.

Vito takes the first half, then Mark comes in at around :34 in and pretty much sends Vito home with his tail tucked between his legs.

Check it out!

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=13888

• Members

Originally posted by Alanfc

is he active now? Or does he have CD's on anything anywhere?

He is and his band has a CD out, but there's very little soloing on there and what he does play is very conservative for some reason.

He's also done guest spots on "Guitar's practicing musicians" and with the Tubes among others, but I suspect his personal demons have kept him from attaining much recognition.

I've searched high and low for more recordings of him doing this kind of stuff but it's just not out there.

Man am I pissed I didn't bring a recorder with me when I would go to see him live.

Archived