I need your thoughts

ckreon

• Members

what the hell did reprise do so right to make green day the biggest band on this earth all of the sudden? i mean these guys have been making quality, albeit pop, punk for the last 10 years, and now all the sudden they explode with an album thats really less than stellar? there was a myspace bulletin a happened to see, asking your favorite band, and i kid you not, the first 30 ppl put green day (and tons after, but it took that long to break the chain). So i'm wondering, wtf? marketing strategies? luck? timing? hell these guys had the album that was SUPPOSED to come out stolen, guess that was a blessing for them huh.

• Members

they made an anti-war album, not necessarily anti-bush. but, it just never fails to amaze me how impressionable kids are. i mean i'm 18, and i just never fell into that rut of being told what was good you know? i think it was thanks to my dad playing his classics, and always assuring me that good music, is good music period, and good music will be good now, and 20 years later.

• Members

They never went away. I am 38 and have always enjoyed Green Day. It is simple but catchy music and is probably as close to real American punk as we will ever get that is mainstream. They make the rest of these punk/pop bands look even more terrible.

Everyone forgets Dookie sold over 11 million copies and came out in like 92-93? All their albums afer went platnium or multi. They didn't just all of a sudden become popular:rolleyes:

Great band for 15 years IMO!

• Members

Very well, you will have my thoughts, cause I'm buzzed off of Jack. (excuses) WTF is up with that dude's eyeliner? He looked better before. AOL posts his {censored} on the front page first thing when I sign up lately. Ok, who gives a {censored} what the guy looks like, how about his music. I like Insomniac. That is all. Goood night. Good morning. Cheers.

*Conspiritorial thoughts* "Hey, let's {censored} with the mainstream and make our {censored} pop, so we infect the airwaves, and pave the road to later put out some real punk out enmasse! {censored} disco {censored} fashion {censored} you!" :D

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyChains

They never went away. I am 38 and have always enjoyed Green Day. It is simple but catchy music and is probably as close to real American punk as we will ever get that is mainstream. They make the rest of these punk/pop bands look even more terrible.

Everyone forgets Dookie sold over 11 million copies and came out in like 92-93? All their albums afer went platnium or multi. They didn't just all of a sudden become popular:rolleyes:

Great band for 15 years IMO!

ding ding

Archived