OT: Anyone here have Facebook?

• Members
After a couple of messages back & forth and you've caught up, you never talk again. That's why you lost contact in the first place...

Exactly. I avoid these "social networking" sites like the plague. :wave:

• Members

As a uni student, I find facebook really useful, although mostly only for wasting time, winding up friends and stalking people you met last night. And organising parties too.

And after all, isn't that what life's all about. :poke:

• Members

Facebook is fine for yacking and catching up with friends and family and whatnot. Some of the younger ones post stupid and juvenile updates, pictures and videos, but so far it is not as bad as MySpace, which I stopped using. One thing that has really surprised me is how many people on my friends list seem to like to talk about drinking alcohol. I suppose it is like talking about the weather or football, but geez who the heck cares if someone is having a vodka tonic now? You can add people to your friends list and then silence them if they get annoying, which is a good thing.

• Members

lol hell yes.

i jumped ship on livejournal a few years ago after one of my best rl friends ignored my birthday plans and then got really pissy when i called her in on it.

"i only skim my lj" she says "I have like 100 friends on there!"

Guess she's off having fun with the other 99 now
:thu:
and i am happier for it
:)

I just want to add that I {censored}ing hate livejournal. There is something definitively creepy about that place.

Facebook on the other hand is handy. I get to keep in touch with a lot of people I would drift away from and its great for networking. Myspace got really clumsy.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1066143727&ref=profile

Feel free to add.

Archived