The Official FIFA World Cup 2006 Football Thread ...

P90DSL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by P90DSL

Damn ... that is too complicated ... DR. Dan long time no see ...
:D

Some heavy real life {censored} has been going on ... still, at least I got here before the world cup finished! ;)

Who should I support now :confused: ... Portugal and Germany have knocked us (England) out in painful circumstances too many times ... France are the traditional old enemy ... and the Italians are a bunch of girls who fall over if there's a slight breeze. Hard choice! :D

• Members
Originally posted by Dr.Dan

Who should I support now
:confused:
... Portugal and Germany have knocked us (England) out in painful circumstances too many times ... France are the traditional old enemy ... and the Italians are a bunch of girls who fall over if there's a slight breeze. Hard choice!
:D

So much about the character of people living on an island :D

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

british hooligan
:mad:

btw; what happened to SILWY?

Hey, the English fans were very well behaved (again!). The rest of the British fans didn't make it!

SILWY was delayed by "Les Pauler" ... I just got it from him last week.

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Sorry to hear that, I hope that your family is ok, Dan.

My Dad died in March and then my Mum died a couple of weeks ago ... on top of the arrival of our 4th child in Feb, it's been quite an eventful few months!! :(

Thank God for rock'n'roll ... and the footy! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by dogmikael

I hope the referee will be strong enough to do his work well - with the right balance.

Yesterday i was looking at the tv with a replica of argentina-germany: 85' minute or so and Ballack falls down into the penalty area after a light contact on his left shoulder, touching his face like if it was hit by a nuclear bomb or something...it was rediculous.

I'm not saying he's the one doing this kind of {censored}, henry didi it as well in another game (against brazil i think).

These pussies should go play with their plastic dolls instead of showing us pathethic scenes like these.

Nobody noticed this? Or you just notice things when there's an italian team on the game field?

+1000

not to mention mexico vs argentina where the mexicans were diving 10 times worse any other team i've seen.

italy has hardly been the most diving team but since people have a thought of it in their mind it gets all the attention.

so many ignorant people on this, i've seen pretty much every game as they repeat on satellite and i love to watch them..

if some people actually watched some of the games not involving their teams they wouldn't give italians so much {censored}.

maybe people will shut up if italy beats germany. that would be nice..than what will you say "uhh uhh uhh yeah well italy is a bunch of greasy fags"...sore losers.

• Members

Originally posted by whosbootiestank

if some people actually watched some of the games not involving their teams they wouldn't give italians so much {censored}.

LOL!!! I base my opinion of Italian football on the last 10-15 years or so of watching them, not just this world cup....

What was Totti sent off for (recieving a second yellow) in the last world cup again???

• Members
Originally posted by Dr.Dan

My Dad died in March and then my Mum died a couple of weeks ago ... on top of the arrival of our 4th child in Feb, it's been quite an eventful few months!!
:(

Thank God for rock'n'roll ... and the footy!
:thu:

I'm really sorry to hear that, Dan. Good that the kids are keeping us busy and off too much thinking left and right . . .

• Members

Originally posted by Mr 5150

LOL!!! I base my opinion of Italian football on the last 10-15 years or so of watching them, not just this world cup....

What was Totti sent off for (recieving a second yellow) in the last world cup again???

right, but did you see that horrible game?..2 goals taken away from italy now there was something up there! italy got screwed huge vs south korea. but all you pay attention to is the totti dive. the refs were out for italy it was obvious!

but during this world cup italy isn't any more guilty of diving/cheating than any other team in the semifinals...

henry had a nice dive vs. spain in which they scored from the free kick but no one seems to talk about that... in fact many think he's great.. sure he is but he's a cheater too..

• Members

henry had a nice dive vs. spain in which they scored from the free kick but no one seems to talk about that... in fact many think he's great.. sure he is but he's a cheater too..

Hery is a fantastic footballer, and yes, in this instance, a cheat. It was disappointing to watch because when he plays here for Arsenal he is usually one of the fairest players.

Not to mention him whining about Barca diving in the CL final then he does it himself??? :rolleyes:

This whole diving malarky is really pissing me off.......

• Members

you see.. I was living in England from 2001 to 2003 and I experienced the 2002 World Cup there... you'd be amazed how different is the way we and them watch football.. in england every foul or every contact (expecially when committed by british players) is welcomed with a "yeahhh!!".. "cheers".. beer and more beer... any opponent that is {censored} enough to fall after a contact is booed to... generally speaking, their attitude doesn't change much when the british players are on the receiving's side...so they are pretty much equal and fair in that... I was actually very impressed by this vision of football, very physical, very brutal.. I wouldn't be surprised if germans' or scandinavians' attitude in following a match is similar to the one I've experienced in england...

In Italy, we follow football in a totally different way.. it's more like suffering with ur team.. enjoying some nice touches.. I've been watching football here since I was born and I never felt those cheers and shouts for a foul... it's a different culture.. and since Italy, on a national team basis.. is the team from southern europe that kicks most asses of all... it's clear they think we dive..

but then, when a guy like Zola.. that me and you enjoyed for years at the San Paolo goes to play in england.. he leaves the clueless english in disbelief for his elegance, character, skills and friendliness.. it's jus the way it is...

• Members

Hery is a fantastic footballer, and yes, in this instance, a cheat.

sorry he is a fantastic footballer when he's playing against english defenses... in his years in Juventus he was a pure joke.. and IMO, so is France's coach to leave Trezeguet on the bench to let that hack play instead.

• Members
Originally posted by kunos

sorry he is a fantastic footballer when he's playing against english defenses... in his years in Juventus he was a pure joke.. and IMO, so is France's coach to leave Trezeguet on the bench to let that hack play instead.

Thats cos Juve had him playing out of position as a right winger in a team that played rigid lethargic football.

Not only does he rip through the premiership week in week out, he tormented every team he played in Europe this year too.

"Anyone who cannot see how good a footballer Thierry Henry is now, clearly doest not know anything about football...."

Lippis' words not mine.....;)

• Members

Thats cos Juve had him playing out of position as a right winger in a team that played rigid lethargic football.

Not only does he rip through the premiership week in week out, he tormented every team he played in Europe this year too.

"Anyone who cannot see how good a footballer Thierry Henry is now, clearly doest not know anything about football...."

Lippis' words not mine.....
;)

some said that about Del Piero too... he's still an hack

• Members
Originally posted by P90DSL

Originally posted by Vigo1999

Hey man ... of course it sucks ... WC is the biggest football event there is ... we are playing against Italy tonight ... I'm having goose bombs just thinking about it ... after last game against Argentina I became 10 years older ...

This WC in Germany has turned into a big big party ...
... wish us luck that we can sent Italy home tonight or better have them playing the little final on Saturday ...
... and than we beat France on Sunday night in Berlin ... that would be excellent ... I'm taking Monday off ... anyway ...

Yeah, i read that those Pan parties (or another name like that . . . ) are being real great at the streets nad this is VERY VERY good for Germany, to loose the rest of the world's thinking that you're a way too serious people and all

• Members

Well... well done Italy. They scored the goals and totally deserved it. Two beautiful goals I might add. They are a worthy finalist and have a very strong team that could very well go all the way. Enjoy the party Italians!!!

Archived