Amazing Engl Clip

Chrisjd

• Members

This is a clip of an Engl Powerball that I found a month or so ago. It was done by some random kid on a music forum. I think this really shows just how tight and aggresive this amp sounds, not to mention the riffs kick ass. I really want one of these amps BAD, i just need more money, and for someone to buy my damn guitar in my sig!

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1K8NB3K75SIO22GSSLE0SUKGZE

• Members

Originally posted by mightyjoeyoungxnj

That sounds great!! I just really wish we didn't keep on hearing how Engls don't cut live. If that wasn't an issue I'd nab one in a heartbeat. I'm not one for believing everything I hear online, but when we hear it from multiple people I start to believe it...

-Joe

that they don't or that they can't? i know they can. ive heard them set so that they don't.

engl's ive heard live:

screamer

powerball

se

thunder

• Members

Originally posted by cqc6

Hey,

I own a Fireball and a Powerball-

Both cut live just fine. With the Powerball- the Focused button really slams you through the mix. Never had a problem being heard with either amp. They sound Killer Live.

Which has a heavier sound would you say? the powerball or fireball?

• Members

Originally posted by C-Dawg

I wish I could get a band goin' to hear my screamer live. Finding people to play with (as well as the kind of music you wanna play) is a bitch...

I hear you on that one, it is HARD to find people that want to play my kind of music(metal).

• Members

Originally posted by mightyjoeyoungxnj

That sounds great!! I just really wish we didn't keep on hearing how Engls don't cut live.

IIRC, that was only by a very select few people. That shouldn't be an issue, especially with the new Powerball out.

• Members

Hey,

As far as heavy-

It depend what type of sound your going for-

The Powerball has more low end then the Fireball.

The Fireball has a touch more gain/or it seem's like it because the tone is a tad more grainy-

The Powerball is alot smoother.

I'd say the Powerball.

Both are Kick ASS!

• Members

Hey,

As far as heavy-

It depend what type of sound your going for-

The Powerball has more low end then the Fireball.

The Fireball has a touch more gain/or it seem's like it because the tone is a tad more grainy-

The Powerball is alot smoother.

I'd say the Powerball.

Both are Kick ASS!

Awesome thanks! i am looking at the powerballs, however i have never played one.

• Members

Hey,

If you know the Engl voicing, dont worry-

I bought my Powerball, without hearing it in person first. I got my Engl's and couldnt believe how much better they are in person. If you like the clips/ imagine 100 times better in person. The low end of these amp will suprise you.

They are great if you like the voicing.

It's a love/hate thing around here.

I love em!!!:thu:

• Members

Hey,

If you know the Engl voicing, dont worry-

I bought my Powerball, without hearing it in person first. I got my Engl's and couldnt believe how much better they are in person. If you like the clips/ imagine 100 times better in person. The low end of these amp will suprise you.

They are great if you like the voicing.

It's a love/hate thing around here.

I love em!!!
:thu:

Sweet, i think i am one step closer. I love my 5150 II, but i want something a little darker and more "evil" sounding, with more low end. Is absolute brutality too much to ask for!?

Archived