My wife: Bigger nerd than me

• Members

So teh wife and I (teh! teh! teh! HA!~) were having lunch, and I was talking to her about this sequencer thingie that some of you may have heard about, called a "Klee sequencer". You can find info on it over on electro-music.

I was telling her that it's this kind of abstract device and it was named after some artist named Klee, pronounced "clay", and she goes, "You mean Paul Klee?"

:facepalm:

Yes.

Witness my tuition dollars at work. :lol:

• Members

well, no wife here (yet).

'just' a GF, but recently she's been able to tell the differences between singlecoils and humbucking pickups...

and she knows what a P90 is.

also she did some sound design on my microQ a while ago and was talking about VA synthesis and wavetables at the dinner table

:love::love::love:

I should get her a big fat modular for Xmas.

• Members

photo-int-sonia_pizarro.jpg

I bet she could kick all of ours while eating a 20 piece KFC bucket and some sides..

I still don't understand the Klee reference to the sequencer.. But have taken more time writing about it here than looking it up..

• Members

But does one of your wives want to buy you a JP-8 ... ???

Yes ... naturally ... I'm a polygamist ...

If I actually made a fuss about it, I have no doubt she'd let me buy a JP8, or anything else for that matter. We're both enablers. :D So, really, I have to keep a lid on myself, 'cause she won't do it for me!

• Members

Sigh... my wife is beautiful, healthy, sweet, hardworking, organized, frugal, and intelligent. She is a walking date computer - birthdays, appointments, anniversaries, you name it. But for some reason she is not willing to expend any mental energy to get along with or understand technology other than "push button to turn it on and it works". Note that I did say "plug it in and it works" because she will often not jump over the hoop of having to plug something in. Case in point - tonight she had a "problem" with her monitor "being unplugged or something". One of the kids must have yanked on it and pulled the power cord partially out of the back. Wife would not attempt to plug it back in - even to check. It didn't turn on when she pushed the button so it was time to call her hubby to fix it.

Archived