Am I the only one who hates the Marshall "Dual/Triple Super Lead" series?

geek_usa

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

Some of the {censored} I've heard you say about Mesa's in the past was just as ridiculous, maybe you have short term memory?
;)

such as? I said I find them overrated and overpriced. And I do. I don't like them. I also said that I know plenty of people who use them and have OUTSTANDING tone. Do you have short term memory? I personally prefer Marshall's. My failed experiament with my Mesa purchases served to at least prove once and for all that I am a Marshall guy. It is the tone I prefer. I would never come here and say something as foolish as "I had a Mesa Boogie and it sounded WAY better with my Tonelab SE". That would be ridiculous and not a credible opinion. It may be his opinion, but I disregard it as a useless opinion. It's just plain RIDICULOUS to say so. I personally don't like Mesa's but freely acknowledge that they sound great in the right hands, as do the TSL/DSL's. I will say that the Nomads SUCK, period.;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by SkidMarx

such as? I said I find them overrated and overpriced. And I do. I don't like them. I also said that I know plenty of people who use them and have OUTSTANDING tone. Do you have short term memory? I personally prefer Marshall's. My failed experiament with my Mesa purchases served to at least prove once and for all that I am a Marshall guy. It is the tone I prefer. I would never come here and say something as foolish as "I had a Mesa Boogie and it sounded WAY better with my Tonelab SE". That would be ridiculous and not a credible opinion. It may be his opinion, but I disregard it as a useless opinion. It's just plain RIDICULOUS to say so. I personally don't like Mesa's but freely acknowledge that they sound great in the right hands, as do the TSL/DSL's. I will say that the Nomads SUCK, period.
;)

As I said, you are nothing but a fanboy who can't take criticism of his chosen amp brand without getting all aggro about it :D.

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

As I said, you are nothing but a fanboy who can't take criticism of his chosen amp brand without getting all aggro about it
:D

go back to school, your comprehension sucks. I am not getting "aggro" about anything. It is DUMB to say that the TSL sounds better as a poweramp for his Tonelab SE. That is a ridiculous and valueless opinion. I'm not sure what you are confused about.

• Members

Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

theyre nothing special and probably overpriced in the US...

IMO, all amps are overpriced. But that's the going market, so that's the end of that. They are not nearly as over-priced as some of the "boutique" stuff coming out now that are nothing more than modified Marshalls and Fenders. As far as them being "special" that is up to the person who owns one. In case you missed it, the poll shows that more like them than don't. What does that prove? It proves that there are some seriously clueless individuals here hell bent on slagging a company that pretty much defined the sound of rock music 40 years ago. Are they the best amps out there? I don't know, how do you define "best"? All I can tell you is that the TSL I own is a great amp, and not a single person who has heard it or played it has said otherwise. In fact, about the only place I have ever heard people whine about these amps at the magnitude they do is HERE. Lot's of gear snobs here, that is for sure. But whatever. If those who are slagging this amp genuinely feel the way they do, then my advice is don't buy one.

• Members

Originally posted by geek_usa

I've tried a DSL and a TSL. They suck about as bad as a valvestate and cost four times as much.

I don't get it. What's the big deal about these amps? They're a shame to the Marshall name.

Who else agrees?

Well, that's one well thought out analysis right there. I bet you write for Guitar World don't you?

Suck? That's a strong word. Not my favorite, but they're not bad amps. Way better than the previous generation.

• Members

IMO, all amps are overpriced. But that's the going market, so that's the end of that. They are not nearly as over-priced as some of the "boutique" stuff coming out now that are nothing more than modified Marshalls and Fenders. As far as them being "special" that is up to the person who owns one. In case you missed it, the poll shows that more like them than don't. What does that prove? It proves that there are some seriously clueless individuals here hell bent on slagging a company that pretty much defined the sound of rock music 40 years ago. Are they the best amps out there? I don't know, how do you define "best"? All I can tell you is that the TSL I own is a great amp, and not a single person who has heard it or played it has said otherwise. In fact, about the only place I have ever heard people whine about these amps at the magnitude they do is HERE. Lot's of gear snobs here, that is for sure. But whatever. If those who are slagging this amp genuinely feel the way they do, then my advice is don't buy one.

if you think all amps are overpriced anyway, come and visit the netherlands for a change, then you know what overpriced amps look like.

but more on topic, i never said they were crap, theyre just nothing special for me, a lack of caracter perhaps?

• Members

Originally posted by rockstrongo

I like the DSL ok, but I hate the TSL. I don't understand why people go crazy for it....every one that I've heard played or that I've played has sounded like rancid ass.

Here's some rancid ass for you:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=801388&q=hi

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=835504&q=hi

I got more rancid ass if you'd like...

• Members

go back to school, your comprehension sucks. I am not getting "aggro" about anything. It is DUMB to say that the TSL sounds better as a poweramp for his Tonelab SE. That is a ridiculous and valueless opinion. I'm not sure what you are confused about.

Your reasoning sucks as usual. The same way you can find a mesa great in the right hands, but a poor choice for you is the same way a tonelab se could be a better preamp choice for him than the marshall. Come on :rolleyes:

I think the 2000 series is good, but there are other choices I would make for myself. I have definitely heard some GREAT tones from them, but from players that frankly would sound great regardless of amp. To say they suck is definitely an exaggeration though.

As usual, there are lots of opinions from players coming from completely different reference points as far as application (bedroom or live w/band), playing experience, and style goes. So there is no "right" answer here. I could certainly make do with a DSL instead of my Bogner though if I had to.

• Members
Originally posted by geek_usa

May I be the first to say that you are an idiot, sir.

I'm glad that you are happy with your DSL, but you should have gotten
way
more for that Plexi. You traded the Plexi PLUS 200 smacks for a DSL? You got ripped!
:freak:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.
:evil:

may i be one of the many to say you are an idiot, sir.

I'm glad thast you hate the DSL, but you should have learned to dial in tone. You hate the DSL? You missed out on getting some great tone! :freak:

Sorry, had to get that out of my syestem. :evil:

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

this is very simple cause ive had them all.

TSL

for pure marshall tone. this is absolute truth.

why are the non-mvs better than the jcm2000s? i agree that old marshalls are all great amps but, the jcm2000 can do everything the jcm800s and nonmaster volumes do and a lot more. IMO i think it should be the other way around.

• Members

such as? I said I find them overrated and overpriced. And I do. I don't like them. I also said that I know plenty of people who use them and have OUTSTANDING tone. Do you have short term memory? I personally prefer Marshall's. My failed experiament with my Mesa purchases served to at least prove once and for all that I am a Marshall guy. It is the tone I prefer. I would never come here and say something as foolish as "I had a Mesa Boogie and it sounded WAY better with my Tonelab SE". That would be ridiculous and not a credible opinion. It may be his opinion, but I disregard it as a useless opinion. It's just plain RIDICULOUS to say so. I personally don't like Mesa's but freely acknowledge that they sound great in the right hands, as do the TSL/DSL's. I will say that the Nomads SUCK, period.
;)

I think this man is extremely biased. More biased than me. You should feel ashamed for making that comment about me, and then proving yourself to be even a bigger wanker than I. That's pretty bad, man. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by wanky

why are the non-mvs better than the jcm2000s? i agree that old marshalls are all great amps but, the jcm2000 can do everything the jcm800s and nonmaster volumes do and a lot more. IMO i think it should be the other way around.

LOL. They can all sound in the same ballpark but its a big ball park. Others will chime in here. I used to try to convince my self of your opinion there. After I bought and sold a TSL100, DSL50, DSL 100, JCM800 swapped tubes, caps, transformers and realized i not need to compromise tone for verastility, I now have a non-master volume Lead amp. Simple is better for the signal.

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

LOL. They can all sound in the same ballpark but its a big ball park. Others will chime in here. I used to try to convince my self of your opinion there. After I bought and sold a TSL100, DSL50, DSL 100, JCM800 swapped tubes, caps, transformers and realized i not need to compromise tone for verastility, I now have a non-master volume Lead amp. Simple is better for the signal.

Versatility is the big feature of the JCM2000s, though a Plexi or JCM800 might have better crunch or more classic tone, a DSL/TSL can get a decent clean, vintage rock crunch or saturated modern tone and footswitch between them. They're versatile, they sound at least decent, and as far as gigging goes, 95% of the audience won't notice a difference in sound.

• Members

for me dsl and tsl are great for grunge , crossover and aggressive music, but you can't play high school hard rock with them, they simply doesn' t have the definition and the detail that the plexis have.

the plexi's are thick , punchy, and at the same time very smooth
and sweet

TSL and DSL are not so sweet sounding.

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

I don't like em. Just A/B one with a classic Marshall, see what you're missing.

I have a TSL60 and a 2203. I play the TSL60 much more because I like the tone better. It has a more richer distortion. And it's thicker sounding. The 2203 needs some kind of boost to give me the tone that I want. The TSL does not. And there's something about those four preamp tubes in the TSL that sound so much better than the 2203 and a solid state pedal. I love my TSL. guitarist.gif

Archived