Revolution!!! Boycott Musicians Friend and Guitar Center!

jcourtjr

• Members

Originally posted by pink freud

hmm, or i could continue to buy my strings from there. i think its perfect compensation for how many times i go there just to try stuff out and not buy anything.

haha, so true. i only get strings and wires from gc

• Members

The Dallas Guitar Center has a Diezal, Bogners, Matchless, and a whole bunch of Boogie's. (On top of the standard Marshall/Fender/Crate whathaveyou)

I enjoy going in there, and the salesman I always deal with calls me when stuff comes in that he thinks I'll like.

No issues with them. However the GC by my house (Plano store) sucks. Bunch of 16 year olds shredding with pointy guitars/gain knobs maxed out.

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

Sure it would.

The American consumer mentaility won't budge for a long time, my friend. You can wave all of the peace signs you want. Hell, you can even have Wavy Gravy protest out front with a sign. In the end, people will still flock to GC, MF and Walmart.

• Members

Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

The Dallas Guitar Center has a Diezal, Bogners, Matchless, and a whole bunch of Boogie's. (On top of the standard Marshall/Fender/Crate whathaveyou)

I enjoy going in there, and the salesman I always deal with calls me when stuff comes in that he thinks I'll like.

No issues with them. However the GC by my house (Plano store) sucks. Bunch of 16 year olds shredding with pointy guitars/gain knobs maxed out.

god damn! i wish the guitar center here in pittsburgh had bogner and diezel!! they havent even earned mesa dealership yet!

• Members

Originally posted by flying_high

i just started boycotting guitar center...the one by my house (southfield guitar center if anyone is from michigan) is {censored}, no one knows crap and they have crap.

yeah ive found this out. generally, your local guitar shops are staffed with knowledgable experienced guys and girls who know what they are talking about.

i once went to guitar center and told the guy that i was lookin for a guitar with a wizard I neck and he was like "well you take a look up on the wall and see if you find one. you would know more about that than i would." how the hell are you gonna work at guitar center and say {censored} like that?

• Members

Originally posted by JiroJan

haha, so true. i only get strings and wires from gc

For what it's worth, cables are about the most profitable thing in the store for most music stores, so you're actually doing them a huge favor by purchasing cables from them. That's one of the things you actually don't want to buy from them if you want to hurt them.

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

there are plenty of alternatives out there, especially online. Im lucky cause there are a bunch of privately owned stores with great stuff.

Join the REVOLUTION!

Im going today to GC just to window shop. Then Im going somewhere else.

Archived