Check this out. Crazy PM I received.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I log on tonight and this is what is waiting for me.

**"Why do you come on this site and curse and at the same time include a caption about Jesus at the bottom of your threads ? If you're not a Christian that's one thing. But if you're claiming to be a Christian and using vulgar language at the same time then that's not a very good example to be spreading to non-Christians now is it? Those who can eat meat sacrificed to idols without being self condemned in their own conscience are blessed. But also remember that if eating meat sacrificed to idols becomes a stumbling block for your brother then we are to do it in private. SO GO CURSE ON YOUR OWN TIME AND QUIT BRINGING EMBARASSMENT TO JESUS THE TRUE METAL GOD. OK?"**

Well, to say the least I was taken aback. I am not perfect. Just because I love Jesus does not make me perfect. I include those quotes in my sig. to let other people know that there is "someone" out there that loves everyone of us. Sometimes in an excited state I slip and use some profanity. I have to answer to my saviour for that, myself. I do not answer to any one else except him. Therefore this is how I responded to the PM....

Let him who is perfect cast the first stone.

Apparently that is you.

God Bless,

Eric

I will not say who sent the PM as that is not important.

I will say this.

I apologize to anyone on this forum if I offend you with my vulgar language.

Thanks,

Eric

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eric,
You did very well! WE ALL fall short of the glory of GOD. There are no exceptions. I am sorry the person singled you out though. I do a lot of things that aren't pleasing to God. But I try not to do those things. It is the nature of sin in the flesh. Don't let it get you down mang!

Gary

• Members

{censored} THAT! Don't be sorry...life is far far too short to worry about offending someone that's apparently too ignorant to seperate fantasy from reality. What does he think you are? A forum rep for JEEEZUS! :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Thanks guys, but you know what? I am honestly sorry that I offended anyone at all.

Eric

You shouldn't be. Some people need to remove the large item from their anus and {censored}ING relax a bit. :freak:

How about we all just stop doing stuff? We should all log off, and go have a good sit. Just sit. In silence. Alone. If you sit with someone else, you might somehow offend them, and we don't want that. So this sitting will be done solo. Now do this for the rest of your life. Occasionally you can go get something to eat and drink, maybe go to the toilet, but make sure not to offend anyone at any point... and then come right back to continue your lifelong sit. :)

• Members
Originally posted by DeadNight Warrior

You shouldn't be. Some people need to remove the large item from their anus and {censored}ING relax a bit.
:freak:

How about we all just stop doing stuff? We should all log off, and go have a good sit. Just sit. In silence. Alone. If you sit with someone else, you might somehow offend them, and we don't want that. So this sitting will be done solo. Now do this for the rest of your life. Occasionally you can go get something to eat and drink, maybe go to the toilet, but make sure not to offend anyone at any point... and then come right back to continue your lifelong sit.
:)

Uh oh! No, that's not allowed either. You'll be criticized for being a "sloth." :rolleyes: Pa-{censored}ing-lease, I hate fundamentalists. Fact: Everyone will sin. Fact: Everyone can attone for those sins. End of story.

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I log on tonight and this is what is waiting for me.

**"Why do you come on this site and curse and at the same time include a caption about Jesus at the bottom of your threads ? If you're not a Christian that's one thing. But if you're claiming to be a Christian and using vulgar language at the same time then that's not a very good example to be spreading to non-Christians now is it? Those who can eat meat sacrificed to idols without being self condemned in their own conscience are blessed. But also remember that if eating meat sacrificed to idols becomes a stumbling block for your brother then we are to do it in private. SO GO CURSE ON YOUR OWN TIME AND QUIT BRINGING EMBARASSMENT TO JESUS THE TRUE METAL GOD. OK?"**

Well, to say the least I was taken aback. I am not perfect. Just because I love Jesus does not make me perfect. I include those quotes in my sig. to let other people know that there is "someone" out there that loves everyone of us. Sometimes in an excited state I slip and use some profanity. I have to answer to my saviour for that, myself. I do not answer to any one else except him. Therefore this is how I responded to the PM....

Let him who is perfect cast the first stone.

Apparently that is you.

God Bless,

Eric

I will not say who sent the PM as that is not important.

I will say this.

I apologize to anyone on this forum if I offend you with my vulgar language.

Thanks,

Eric

I may not agree with everything you say but your posts are among the least offensive on this forum. You've done nothing wrong that I can see.

So in my uncouth manner.....{censored} that guy.

• Members

I'm a Christian too. I just stumble and fall daily like anyone else. .:( I am far from perfect, and could care less what any of you think. My relationship with God is my buisiness.:)

Riffy,

I play in my church's praise band. We rock pretty good. You are welcome to come for a visit any time bro!

pm me for directions.
:)

• Members

Why apologize so much? It's real simple for anyone. If they don't like what they see, just don't read it. Don't bitch, whine, or write some flowery mealy-mouth spineless PM. Move to another topic/thread, or maybe another forum. Maybe the simple minded bible thumping freak forum.

• Members

Taking the Lord's name in vein, swearing oaths etc in God's name, is one thing if you want to get literal. But honestly, other than it being more of a "social" taboo I fail to realize how certain words are "sinful". I haven't read over the 10 commandments in awhile, but I don't seem to remember a commandment saying thou shalt not say f**k (wouldn't want to OFFEND anyone :D ). Is it necessary to go around say f this f that, no, but I don't think saying f*ck is your ticket to hell, just MO. Again, vulgarity is vulgarity, and you don't need to be going around kids mouthing off that kind of language for obvious reasons, but I think it's more of a social taboo than a sin.

For what it's worth, people that take the Bible 100% literally probably don't have a very good understanding of it in the first place, much of it was written IN a different and IN a very different context. If you believe it is the word of God, so be it, that still doesn't take away the fact it was written by people for a SPECIFIC group of people in a SPECIFIC time period. Not everything translates to today's world, although much does.

• Members

As a Christian myself, I can say, that I fall short everyday. I lust after women I'm not married too, I curse, I drink beer etc. Heck, I sometimes have a problem with the bands I play with ( neither are Christian bands, one is a punk band and one is a Hardcore/Thrash band). But you nailed it right on the head, at the end of the day you only answer to God, not some closed minded dimwit.

• Members
Originally posted by Beergoblin

Taking the Lord's name in vein, swearing oaths etc in God's name, is one thing if you want to get literal. But honestly, other than it being more of a "social" taboo I fail to realize how certain words are "sinful". I haven't read over the 10 commandments in awhile, but I don't seem to remember a commandment saying thou shalt not say f**k (wouldn't want to OFFEND anyone
:D
). Is it necessary to go around say f this f that, no, but I don't think saying f*ck is your ticket to hell, just MO. Again, vulgarity is vulgarity, and you don't need to be going around kids mouthing off that kind of language for obvious reasons, but I think it's more of a social taboo than a sin.

For what it's worth, people that take the Bible 100% literally probably don't have a very good understanding of it in the first place, much of it was written IN a different and IN a very different context. If you believe it is the word of God, so be it, that still doesn't take away the fact it was written by people for a SPECIFIC group of people in a SPECIFIC time period. Not everything translates to today's world, although much does.

well {censored} me a runnin. someone with good sense:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Kung-Fool

Eric, if anyone takes anything you say as offensive then they need to have their head examined. You're probably one of the least offensive people here. Whoever sent that pm to you can eat a bag of dicks and die.

+1

• Members

I never understood what cussing like {censored} and {censored} had to do with God. It's not taking the Lords name in vein and it's hard to believe that the creator of all things would give a {censored} if I cuss in English when Jesus spoke aramaic. Cussing has always been a man made construct and offense. It is societies discomfort with what those words mean. God made us {censored} and he made us {censored} so I doubt he cares what we call it.

Archived