New promo pics, what do you guys think?

goodisonrock

• Members

I am not your target audience, so maybe I shouldn't say what I think. Nah...

I mean at least the pix make me feel like I am not.

Dad does the photo shoot? Is your Dad the band manager and financer, too?

Hey, I just bustin on ya. I laughed at all the good comments...Goodwill's bargain bin clothing, malnourishment, broken wrist. lol...

• Members
Originally posted by goodisonrock

One of my band members dads is a professional photographer, so we got some new promo pics taken for free. And I think they turned out pretty badass this time. What do you guys think of em'?

newpromo.jpg

promo3.jpg

I'm the asshole in the blue shirt.

I'm a pro photographer

You're friend's dad did a good job..

The composition is good and you guys look like a band. That said...The 2nd image has poor composition so just throw it away.

The only criticism I have is that the photographs are in color. But the colors are uninteresting. The lighting is very dramatic... so Black and White or duotone etc will look better and bring out the contrast.

Experiement with black and white and try some photoshop wizardry.. superimpose those shots over different textured backgrounds with your band name juxtaposed... It'll look perfect

I've been shooting professionally for about 12 years now.... You're shots are good... They are just PLAIN... You need to jazz them up a bit in Post-Production...That's what all the record companies do anyway... especially on new unproven acts. You guys have a great start...his dad did a good job.

Good luck with your band!

• Members

Thanks for all the feednback guys i appreciate all the constructive criticism.

As for the pictures being boring, i realize they are bland and nothing out of the ordinary but they're meant to be printed on black and white fliers with our name and some info on them. We're just trying get alot of things done fast in time for alot of shows we have coming up. So these aren't intended for press kits or anything, but just to help get our name out to people.

As for us needing to eat. I'm a vegetarian but im the fattest one in the band. All of the other guys eat like fat asses. Good metabolism i guess.

and yes we're nerds and don't dress cool.

• Members

At least you didn't go with the "ooh, we're tough and scary" hands crossed pose.

Anyway, I'd go with some post production and propably a color scheme other than black and white. I mean that is so overused anyway. Sepia is banned too.

• Members

I think it all depends on who your target audience is. I would much rather go listen to a band like this and then a bunch of guys trying to look really tough or "metal". I think most guys tring to look tough just look ridiculous. Redrol is just a little in the closet and slightly scared that pictures of your band have caused him to become slightly aroused.

• Members

You guys are on the right track but frankly, although the photography is quite good, you will need an image consultant to get yourelves a more edgy, professional look. Although you guys look queer, you aren't queer enough yet. Look at these great promo and album photos. Ask yourselves, what will it take for us to climb to these heights?

letmetouch.jpg

cuntrychurch.jpg

playmates.jpg

lovepeace.jpg

livingwithlesbians.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by redrol

WOW! you guys look like emo fag humping jerk wads, good going

I can guarantee you I wouldn't listen to your music based on that picture but a 14 year old girl probably would.

I guarantee you that most 14 year old girls would hate our music. They look hooks and whining like the Used and Story of the Year. We're bigger fans of time signature changes and pinch harmonics.

But thanks for being a complete prick.

• Members

Oh man, Edwards representing!!!!!!!

My dad was and EOD from about 1960-1985 and that's one place he was stationed. Him and my mom lived there for years. That's where my older brother was born. Then he got shipped to Incirlik, then Luke AFB in AZ, where my younger brother and myself were born.

I'd just love to go back and see all these places again.

Archived