August Party Time - New Gear Thread

5ku14

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have thought about it, but the current options are to either get rack mounting ears for my mixer and put it there instead, which is unweildy and leaves the amp and the reverb out in a pile again, or to pull out the amp and use the 5U for the Microwave XT, but then i have some wood end cheeks i've made for the XT to see if i can turn it into a cool looking deskmount.

If it makes you feel any better, probably the next aquisition will be a MIDI Solutions T8 to sort out the cable/networking situation, so that should sort out another 1U!

• Members

This is a great month for my old synths. I almost forgot about these until I stumbled across it on eBay....This baby will clock all my vintage gear to MIDI or any other clock source - all at the same time! (OB-8 Arp, Moog Source Sequencer, SH-101 clock sync, Pro-1 clock sync, and TR-606 Din Sync) Hallelujah!

3870579397_a6cbac765c.jpg

New (old) Gear Part II - Wanted to satisfy my GAS for an old DX. I bought one of the original ones when they first were introduced and gigged with it for years. This one has the E! board in it - it's like having a TX-802 with a keyboard. I just have to replace the battery. $165 in perfect condition! Couldn't pass it up.

3871362854_9f72b20ef1.jpg

Time to play.....:thu:

• Members
New 6U rack case, which also doubles up well as a monitor stand. Not super exciting, but my desk is tidier and i have space for the banana plant and a lava lamp
:thu:

Is that a metal rack case? Where did you get it?

• Members

Picked up a future retro 777 and also got a great price on an MPC 2500. On paper, the MPC is completely redundant with my software, but I've really been in a rut sitting in front of the computer so I got the MPC to escape. Plus, as soon as I won the auction I got that warm, fuzzy feeling, so I know I did the right thing.

Also impulse-bought a Sidstation but I'll probably pass it on pretty quick-like unless it really speaks to me.

• Members

Well... yes and no. I like not having to poke around with a PC, but on the other hand, if I want to record audio, I wind up going back to the PC anyway. For just whipping out a quick MIDI loop, though, the MPC rocks, and with the drum samples I loaded in it, instant beatbox, too. Both the MPC and the PC have their strengths, it seems.

• Members

Quite reasonably priced too, at least a lot cheaper than the wood versions which are very expensive for what they are.

Thanks!

I have done a lot of searching online at Ebay and other places and the closest I have been able to find to that in the USA in steel has been something like this:

Star Rack 6U kit

For $188, this gets you what amounts to a set of steel tinker-toys for a rack frame with no side panels. However it is a very very strong rack frame and probably not appropriate for a desk top.

• Members

NordWave2.jpg

Got it a week ago used from noisebug.net (their picture.) I felt oddly underwhelmed the first day, thought it not worth the money. With each day, through discovering new things, adding samples, and generally just going crazy with it and destroying my ears...I'm loving it.

The layout is as great as everyone said and I'm now flying around on this thing. It's actually my first knobby synth and I'm learning tons of stuff about synthesis that I just didn't from my soft synths, as well-mapped as they were in my Remote SL classic.

It's also more capable than I was hoping as a rompler, and is definitely more fun for me to play than my midi controller + huge sampled pianos.

Only time will tell on this front but it's very inspiring to me, I find myself writing different things already!

:)

Archived