Dave Mustaine

MattACaster

• Members

I wish I still had this disk, but there's a cd out there with a bunch of early metallica with dave on it playing.singing and IMO it rocked what they did with Kirk. Dave is just on a totally higher level when it comes to playing. I like james singing better than what dave did on them though.. Seek n Destory with Dave just had more attitude to it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by xMadiMx

I wish I still had this disk, but there's a cd out there with a bunch of early metallica with dave on it playing.singing and IMO it rocked what they did with Kirk. Dave is just on a totally higher level when it comes to playing. I like james singing better than what dave did on them though.. Seek n Destory with Dave just had more attitude to it.

I think I have that. It's quality stuff. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by blues_rocker

Megadeth is awesome...way better than anything metallica has done in 15 years. Dave may not have the mainstream but he has true music fans and thats what counts most, atleast in my book it does.

I like that Megadeth wasn't so mainstream. Metallica seemed to change with the times when they had no kind of direction, but Megadeth kept chugging along with their tried and true methods with a hint and scratch of something new. They still had that element of old-school, British metal. They just kept doing what they did best......kick some ass!

• Members

rust in peace = best metal album imo, every riff and solo is totally memorable, and its fast as hell. And since speed = emotion that must mean its very emotional too ;). Even if the vocals arn't everyones cup o tea, I dont think I would change them. I heard a cookiemonster do hangar 18 once and it was horrible, thank god there are only 2 short vocal sections :)

My only beef with dave is he shoulda stuck with jackson, and not the everyone-gets-a-sig-guitar esp since the king v is definatly the most metal V.

• Members
Originally posted by noseminer

rust in peace = best metal album imo, every riff and solo is totally memorable, and its fast as hell. And since speed = emotion that must mean its very emotional too
;)
. Even if the vocals arn't everyones cup o tea, I dont think I would change them. I heard a cookiemonster do hangar 18 once and it was horrible, thank god there are only 2 short vocal sections
:)

My only beef with dave is he shoulda stuck with jackson, and not the everyone-gets-a-sig-guitar esp since the king v is definatly the most metal V.

i agree with the RIP = best metal album...great tone too!! he didnt stick with Jackson though because he wanted to buy it and they went over his head and sold to fender after dealing with him for a while working things out...i woulda jumped ship too if i was treated that way. after being a loyal customer for so long.

RTL was Metallicas best album, I agree w/ you 100%

i like you man :thu:

• Members

any chance i can get a copy somebody stole mine and I haven't been able to find it in a store since:(

Do you remember what exactly you had? I have a bunch of live tracks with Mustaine and (I think) some studio stuff with him. If I don't have what your looking for, I think I know someone who does...

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

i agree with the RIP = best metal album...great tone too!! he didnt stick with Jackson though because he wanted to buy it and they went over his head and sold to fender after dealing with him for a while working things out...i woulda jumped ship too if i was treated that way. after being a loyal customer for so long.

RTL was Metallicas best album, I agree w/ you 100%

i like you man
:thu:

He wanted to buy the whole company? Including charvel?

• Members

Originally posted by noseminer

He wanted to buy the whole company? Including charvel?

possibility...i know he was talking to Jackson about buying it up to keep it from Fender...but someone screwed him over. dont know if Charvel was included in the deal, but more than likely it was.

• Members

Originally posted by MattACaster

Do you remember what exactly you had? I have a bunch of live tracks with Mustaine and (I think) some studio stuff with him. If I don't have what your looking for, I think I know someone who does...

It was this cd with a bunch of demo and live tracks some with kirk a bunch with dave playing and singing I think there was like 28 songs on it. I got it at cd warehouse before when they had the name they went under before becoming cd warehouse.. (forget what the hell it was)

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

Really? That's interesting that he was trying to buy Jackson, do you have any links to that?

If that's the case and they sold to Fender I can definitely see why he left them. Mustaine was definitely the most visible Jackson endorsee IMO. I'd rather have a Jackson King V than an ESP DV8 :p

• Members

It was this cd with a bunch of demo and live tracks some with kirk a bunch with dave playing and singing I think there was like 28 songs on it. I got it at cd warehouse before when they had the name they went under before becoming cd warehouse.. (forget what the hell it was)

If you can give me a day or so, I'll put together a ZIP file with everything involving Metallica and Mustaine that I can find.

• Members
Originally posted by '63-Strat

Really? That's interesting that he was trying to buy Jackson, do you have any links to that?

If that's the case and they sold to Fender I can definitely see why he left them. Mustaine was definitely the most visible Jackson endorsee IMO. I'd rather have a Jackson King V than an ESP DV8
:p

I really like the DV8. The Jackson headstock looks kind of funny on a V (looks great on an offset RR though) but the straighter ESP one looks cooler. I've only ever played low end jacksons though, while the higher range ESPs have convinced me to love ESP.

• Members
Originally posted by guitar_played

I really like the DV8. The Jackson headstock looks kind of funny on a V (looks great on an offset RR though) but the straighter ESP one looks cooler. I've only ever played low end jacksons though, while the higher range ESPs have convinced me to love ESP.

Well that's a fair comparison, lol.

:wave:

Jackson has straight headstock Vs too, which also kickass.

Archived