Dave Mustaine

MattACaster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

I hate MegaDave, hes such a whiny little bitch and should never be allowed in front of a microphone
:freak:
His voice ruined so many musically fantastic Megadeth songs.

Agreed that his voice takes some getting used to. But let's face it , he is Megadeth and wrote the damn songs. I think it would actually be strange to hear Megadeth songs without that whiny bitch voice.

• Members

Despite all the stuff Dave has been through....years of addiction, rehab, the whole Christian thing, not being able to play because of a serious arm injury...he still, unlike his old bandmates, puts out music that kicks ass.

The System Has Failed is on my walkman right now and it's got some serious good stuff. Compare that to St Anger, piece of crap.

• Members
Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

I hate MegaDave, hes such a whiny little bitch and should never be allowed in front of a microphone
:freak:
His voice ruined so many musically fantastic Megadeth songs.

You know nothing, so be quiet infidele. Dave Mustaine IS Megadeth. Without Dave it wouldn't be Megadeth. I don't care who they have on lead because without Dave Mustaine's rhythm and lead playing it wouldn't be Megadeth.

• Members
Originally posted by brunog

Despite all the stuff Dave has been through....years of addiction, rehab, the whole Christian thing, not being able to play because of a serious arm injury...he still, unlike his old bandmates, puts out music that kicks ass.

The System Has Failed is on my walkman right now and it's got some serious good stuff. Compare that to St Anger, piece of crap.

+1 :thu: I wonder how much more kickass Metallica coulda been if Dave was still there. Look at all the kickass songs from Kill 'Em All and even 4 or 5 songs on Ride the Lightning.......Dave's hand was in there for the songwriting.

• Members

I said a while ago that "Dave won."

For decades, he was "Ex-metallica guitarist" Dave Mustaine. Despite the fact that he's sold millions of albums over a couple decades, and really wasn't in Metallica that long, he was still "Ex-Metallica," and pretty much lived in their shadow the entire time. See him getting emo about it on "Some Kind of Monster."

But, he won. In the end, he came out on top. He kept it going. Despite "Risk," he managed to pull it out, and beat Metallica in the long haul. Dave won.

• Members

yea...Dave only wrote one bad album, but even it (Risk) wasnt as bad as Load, Reload, and St. Anger put together! The System Has Failed is just a great record...the title song reminds me of Take No Prisoners and when i first heard it i just though "Dave went back to what hes good at!" i really liked The World Needs a Hero too...return to hanger was a badass song! and i liked some of Risk as well...Insomnia, Prince of Darkness, couple others...but Breadline...good song, not Megadeth though :)

+1 I wonder how much more kickass Metallica coulda been if Dave was still there. Look at all the kickass songs from Kill 'Em All and even 4 or 5 songs on Ride the Lightning.......Dave's hand was in there for the songwriting.

even some of Master of Puppets, even though hes not in the writing credits. he may not have wrote the songs, but his inspiration was still all over songs like Leper Messiah and Battery IMO. Leper is chromatic as hell, and Dave really likes writing chromatically...and Battery is probably the fastest song Metallica ever did, and Dave also liked to play fast (think Mechanix!)

IMO, Dave was the one that got Metallica where it was. he had so much material that Metallica used, and that have become some of their most remembered songs...And Justice for All was great, but quite a change (the songs were much longer and much more complex...). but after the progressive element of AJFA, they went to the Black Album, which, while still a good album, is the complete opposite...very minimalist. and then Metallica fell off the deep end...honestly i like some of load and reload, but calling it "Metallica" just isnt right IMO. because they are not what "Metallica" means.

and i like Dave's voice...if anyone else sang his songs, it just wouldnt sound right. Dave IS Megadeth, he put the band together to take down Metallica, and, in the end, no matter who sold more records, Dave's work stands head and shoulders above James' and Lars'.

• Members

I saw slayer, megadeth, alice in chains, and anthrax on their 1990 clash of the titans tour in Louisville, KY. when we left, we drove out by the tour buses, saw the daves standing there and we started yelling at them. Here were two teenage kids in a piece-of-{censored} pickup yelling stupid stuff, and Dave E crossed the street to come over to the truck. He said something to the effect of "c'mon over if you want to hang out". We parked and went over to talk to the Daves and Nick Menza. Of course, we flattered them with "I play the guitar..he plays bass". They signed some autographs and we kissed their asses a bit. Dave M was very cool, asked us if we liked the show, etc.. We told him how great "holy wars" was live and he just smiled and thanked us. Dave E asked my friend what kind of bass he had, and we ignored nick menza :).

i thought Dave M would be a prick, but he was very cool.

If Marty F had come out of the bus, i would have informed him that I played the guitar too :) Profound statements when you're 16

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

yea...Dave only wrote one bad album, but even it (Risk) wasnt as bad as Load, Reload, and St. Anger put together! The System Has Failed is just a great record...the title song reminds me of Take No Prisoners and when i first heard it i just though "Dave went back to what hes good at!" i really liked The World Needs a Hero too...return to hanger was a badass song! and i liked some of Risk as well...Insomnia, Prince of Darkness, couple others...but Breadline...good song, not Megadeth though
:)

+1 I wonder how much more kickass Metallica coulda been if Dave was still there. Look at all the kickass songs from Kill 'Em All and even 4 or 5 songs on Ride the Lightning.......Dave's hand was in there for the songwriting.

even some of Master of Puppets, even though hes not in the writing credits. he may not have wrote the songs, but his inspiration was still all over songs like Leper Messiah and Battery IMO. Leper is chromatic as hell, and Dave really likes writing chromatically...and Battery is probably the fastest song Metallica ever did, and Dave also liked to play fast (think Mechanix!)

IMO, Dave was the one that got Metallica where it was. he had so much material that Metallica used, and that have become some of their most remembered songs...And Justice for All was great, but quite a change (the songs were much longer and much more complex...). but after the progressive element of AJFA, they went to the Black Album, which, while still a good album, is the complete opposite...very minimalist. and then Metallica fell off the deep end...honestly i like some of load and reload, but calling it "Metallica" just isnt right IMO. because they are not what "Metallica" means.

and i like Dave's voice...if anyone else sang his songs, it just wouldnt sound right. Dave IS Megadeth, he put the band together to take down Metallica, and, in the end, no matter who sold more records, Dave's work stands head and shoulders above James' and Lars'.

Couldnt have said it better myself with the exception of liking anything after justice....well the black album was ok, tone kicked ass, but just wasnt "Metallica". Now, Megadeth, Dave is the man, I've always been a bigger Megadeth fan. I've met Dave 3 times and he was awesome every time.....

• Members
Originally posted by gunslinger

Couldnt have said it better myself with the exception of liking anything after justice....well the black album was ok, tone kicked ass, but just wasnt "Metallica". Now, Megadeth, Dave is the man, I've always been a bigger Megadeth fan. I've met Dave 3 times and he was awesome every time.....

i thought the tone on the Black Album was James' best tone ever, save Ride the Lightning (which is Metallica's best album IMO...) to each his own...tone is subjective :thu:
and the Black Album could still be classified Metal...it was pretty heavy (especially Sad But True) and had a few dabblings of stuff that was different, but worked (the classical style guitar in Unforgiven). after that though...:(

plus...even though Megadeth has had numerous lineup changes, they are always kickass players. Chris Poland (who kicked ass on System has Failed AND Peace Sells...) Marty Friedman, Gar Samuelson, Nick Menza...just think if Dave woulda got Dime and Vinnie :eek:

Archived