Ninja Master

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A spendy month, to be sure ...

ishackimageu.jpg

lexiconmx200.jpg

Hardware reverb for JP-8 and other applications ...

ishackimagef.jpg

Monitors to supplement Yamaha HS-80ms (which color sound very little and sometimes can make for a harsh listening experience with streaming mp3s ... ) Will give me better monitoring of all my equipment now ...

52121.jpg

Needed something decent to record vocals with for new album that I'm starting ... today ... !!!

• Members
Tell me more please
:idea:
. I've seen a lot of these second here getting sold for very little cash. I know I wanted one years ago when I didn't know much about synths. What does it do good, what doesn't it do very good?

It's a "box O sounds". It has, literally, 1000s of sounds, with 3 additional slots for ROM cards. Also,has 2 MIDI ins, and can recieve up to 32 channels with 128 note poly. I bought it for backing tracks, mostly.

What's kind of neat is the 4 assignable knobs, which can each control 4 different CCs. So you kind of have a knob box that can control 16 parameters. (They MIDI out, too)

I noticed the output is kind of low (no hot at all), and most of the patches are awash in reverb. Also, it has a very "sampled" sound to it.

I really haven't delved into it to explore it's strengths and weaknesses beyond what I've found so far above.

• Members

I thought about having my cat rackmounted as well. Custom job or does somebody sell a kit?

Well i got my MIDI Solutions T8 through today, after the clowns at DHL who i told to deliver in the afternoon came at 11.55am, but luckily, my plans had changed so i was in.

Unfortunatley, i now seem to have a rack space issue:facepalm:

trouble.jpg

• Members

i just put that rackmountable cat on twitter. it's going viral now!

btw, Middle Atlantic used to sell rackmount ears for your cat- if i remember, the ears supported even the most insanely overweight kitties. discontinued it though, it's not even on their website.

• Members
Well i got my MIDI Solutions T8 through today, after the clowns at DHL who i told to deliver in the afternoon came at 11.55am, but luckily, my plans had changed so i was in.

Unfortunatley, i now seem to have a rack space issue:facepalm:

trouble.jpg

:eek: I didn't know teh desktop units could be rackmounted!

:wave:

• Members

My employer has "requested" that all of its employees use two weeks of leave before the year's end, regardless of whether the department in question can spare the time off or not. :rolleyes: And I can't spend Christmas in Panama for my cousin's wedding as that time is booked solid already.

Clearly the cosmos wants me to drown my sorrows in music gear.

mpc2500-med.jpg

Can't wait to get it... been hoping to try this JJOS for some time now. Will probably end up as the new master clock if things work out.

• Members

I have no experience with JJOS, but a long time MPC user and am still rocking my MPC4000...

Id skip akai's OS and go straight to JJOS, for the price it's a no brainer. You don't want to waste time with something knowing that for a small fee it's 10X better.

I have been tempted to buy a mpc1000 a couple times but settled on a Sp-1200 plugin option for my MPC to get the 12 bit funk.

Kaz

• Members
best not rush into anything.

check that there's no more gear to buy first.
;)

I have a space problem, I need a new house where all the stuff can be on permanent display. Kids are lovely, but they somehow prefer having their own rooms and not allowing their father to continue having a dedicated room just for the music equipment......;)

• Members
That should liven up the Ion nicely.
:thu:

Yeah, I sure hope so. I already got a M350, but use that as a reverb and compressor for my other boards. It really does sound great for little money. I think I'll be using a lot of tape delay on my Ion with the M300, should work great on pads and leads :thu:. Since I only paid 118 euros for this thing + shipping, I can't really go wrong :)

• Members
Very nice Sir Tom!

Speaking of which, when im a little more flush, im considering this:

mercenary-audio_2070_10118020

Thanks!

That Kurz looks lovely! I really really dig Kurz's effects, they sound great on my PC3x. Since I'm only short of a hammond XK-1 and a possible korg M50 (might be getting both this year) I'm planning to invest some more money in outboard gear. I found that both my TC M350 and ART pre-amp do a lot of nice things to my sound :)

Archived