KSS Members for Dead Awareness: Halloween Music '09

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Does this qualify in ear and eye?

I think i'd have top say it does :thu:

agreed! and this is only thursday

lol hell yes, just shows where my head is when i'm done working my long week and my short week. It's the short week where it all hits me:freak:

speaking of, how do you want to be credited for the sample?

Just credit me as Purity Control, cheers.

• Members

Thanks for the comps!

(BTW, that goth track had an awesome vibe to it)

I did this one year for the trick or treaters when they came up to the house, I just hit play on the sequencer. Had lots of nice organ, harpischord, door slams, girl screams, heart throbs... :poke::lol: Glad the parents appreciated it.

Ok, I'm anxious to listen to the rest on here.

• Members

Thanks for the comps!

(BTW, that goth track had an awesome vibe to it)

I did this one year for the trick or treaters when they came up to the house, I just hit play on the sequencer. Had lots of nice organ, harpischord, door slams, girl screams, heart throbs... :poke:
:lol:
Glad the parents appreciated it.

Ok, I'm anxious to listen to the rest on here.

I have to limit myself to decorating the foyer of our house, otherwise the rest of the house would be full of haunted house stuff the rest of the year. I built this about four years ago, the two big things on either sides of the pipes are boxes that hold book shelf speakers. On the inside is a shelf with a subwoofer and amp. I tuck my itouch on the inside and plays all the classic organ fugues and all sorts of haunted music all night. my house ends up being a must see by the parents more then the kids :lol: although there's a few sour grapes out there that won't come near it :p there are allot of under 5 kids in our neighborhood and I have a firm policy about no scaring, of course other neighbors don't feel that way and ruin it for everyone..

halloween2.jpg

• Members

grave4ow2.jpg

Track:

Pandora's Grave.mp3 [05:00]

Gear used:

• Roland XV-5050 - provides intro drone, main strings and organs. All my custom patches.

• Roland TR-606 - the reverse beat thing

• Waldorf Puse+ - subsonic bass for reverse theme - use either headphones to hear(!) it or i hope you have LARGE speakers

• Korg N1R - just a few seconds of bells + pad. Custom patches.

• Zoom H4n field recorder - intro sounds of stones

• Additional beats and sound effects: an Ambient sample CD that i'm working on...

Read for entertainment while listening (and watch the player's clock):

I made the music upon the set of images i had in mind first - sort of a class B mini series with some spooky content & stuff. Basically i synchronized the music with the "scenes" i imagined. It's probably all crap, but why not give a try. So here is how it goes...

Scene 1 [00:00 - 00:11]: a junkie (alcoholic) sees something on the grave, or thinks he sees something and desperately starts to dig the stones (during one of his delirium raids).

Scene 2 [00:12 - 00:59]: a cold haze and fog starts to get into the scene (XV-5050).

Scene 3 [01:00 - 01:59]: we see a flashback scene of Pandora's life when she was alive and happy (you know how they do it in class B movies).

Scene 4 [02:00 - 03:52]: we see more scenes from Pandora's life that start with parties, dope, things start to get nasty, we see a rape and murder.

Scene 5 [04:00 - 05:00]: Morgue... with a small surprise in the end. Haha! That's all.

Archived