KSS Members for Dead Awareness: Halloween Music '09

• Members
Actually, late on today a guy with quite a severe learning difficulty came in with his support worker, and when asked who i was, pointed at me and said 'grave'!
:eek:

:lol: OMG, it's an omen! BOLT YOUR DOORS!!

Also, do not (DO NOT!) look into a mirror tonight and say, "Waldorf" 10 times. DON'T DO IT.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol puppy, actually it's tx frodlaw you're not meant to say backwards 10 times :eek:

Next week is my 'short week' at work so i'll have more time, though i'm gonna try and get the plot together for whatever i'm working on this weekend. That and trying to get a ring mod/demod experiment to work, and make some patches for the ax-synth.

• Members

OK, Puppy !

Saw this thread yesterday, and thought I would contribute to (or ruin!) your thread !) . :idea:

So here is a 'Take' on the 'old chestnut' ...... 'Monster Mash'

Monster_Mash_Front_Cover.jpg

Performed here on a Yamaha Arranger Keyboard with Sure SM58 to 'Mic In' - Recorded from 'Line Out' on Keyboard into 'Mic In'' on my Laptop using the (Free) 'Audacity' Recording program.

Three Multitracks (Dubs) using the VH (Vocal Harmony) built in to the Keyboard, plus One Dub of SFX, One of 'Lead and Accmp', and with the Backing recorded first to .mid. (Who needs a 'studio' !!, or even equipment worth over 1,000 dollars ? !! ).

'Monster Mash' was a 1962 novelty song and the best-known song by Bobby "Boris" Pickett, and 'The Cryptkickers'.. The song was released as a single on Gary S. Paxton's Garpax Records label in October 1962. It reached Number One in the Billboard Top 100 in October, 1962. .......

........................................Egads !! That was 47 years ago, when I was but a tender youth of 27 !!

Here is the original, if anyone is remotely interested ! ...........

0thH3qnHTbI

I hope this will encourage more talented members than I to start making and posting MUSIC on to this thread! (Thats what you wanted, I thought !!)

Enjoy (or otherwise!) :lol:

John

(The Silver Surfer)

• Members

The one part I am disappointed in is when the weird "clicking bones" sound ends up sounding like a duck quack.

It is hard to pull all that {censored} off at once so that it would sound cooler and cleaner.

thanks EP and CP.

• Members

i have a short one somewhere, i think it's on my multimedia server. i'll look for it tommorow. me and a buddy were going to start a cheesy haunted house goth band and we had a few good songs, but he ended up moving.. ah well.

*edit.. actually here it is! enjoy..

http://soundcloud.com/soyuz7/old-wave

that was simsynth live and fl studio.

• Members
Yeah, definitely needs more tracks.

I'm at a dead-end (ha!) with my Halloween track, I feel like it needs more, but maybe I should just keep it simple and creepy.

It feels like the hottest days of summer here in Florida -- I can't get in the proper mood. :cry:

I could put up some old spooky choonz that lie in my vault, but that's cheating... :facepalm:

• Members

OK - I'm a sucker for Halloweeen !

Heres my second offering to the High Altar of the God 'Mew Sick'

Its a 'Head Banging Number' (I banged my head against the wall about 50 times, when I heard it !!).

If anyone wants the Key, its under the doormat!

BTW Puppy ! Is there a Prize for the best one? - That Great Mystic, Philosopher, Keeper of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and Famous Brain Surgeon, Mr Yoga Bierra, tells me that you are offering a Years Free Subscription to KSS !!

Here it is then! Loads of Multitrack, SFX and VH !............

Enjoy (or whatever!)

John

Archived