Cats!!!

decode6

• Members

I've been saving for a house for a looong time, my friend. At $0.50 per can, it's the best crappy beer out there (next to PBR, of course).

New house heard. If you can position yourself to be ready within the next 12-18 months you might really be able to get a hell of a lot of house for your money. Goodluck, and make sure you go over the house with a fine toothed comb.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
He's doing great actaully!
:thu:
Its been like two months already so he's practically back to normal. and teh cancer is gone!!

That's good to hear. My cat had a tumor on his front leg I got removed a few weeks ago, and I had been sick worrying about it. Of course the reality is that if he had to get his leg amputated, he'd have been a trooper about it. Cats don't exactly feel the way we do about such things. It's probably difficult for them to adjust but they wouldn't really feel sad about it.

• Members
That's good to hear. My cat had a tumor on his front leg I got removed a few weeks ago, and I had been sick worrying about it. Of course the reality is that if he had to get his leg amputated, he'd have been a trooper about it. Cats don't exactly feel the way we do about such things. It's probably difficult for them to adjust but they wouldn't really feel sad about it.

thats awesome dude...i'm really glad you didnt have to amputate. They adapt amazingly fast, but its still heartbreaking to go thoguh it. :cry:

• Members
thats awesome dude...i'm really glad you didnt have to amputate. They adapt amazingly fast, but its still heartbreaking to go thoguh it.
:cry:

Thanks, and I'm sorry you had to go through it.

Yeah it's like I was saying to friends of mine, "I know if it has to be done, he'll probably be fine about it, but it'll kill me to see him that way."

• Members

I found Felix at a pet shelter when he was three months old. It was winter and I was wearing my carhart winter coat. When I picked him up he climbed inside my coat, curled up, and went to sleep.

There is no better way to say "take me home".

He's been a good buddy since and is one hell of a hunter as he catches mice, birds, flies, moths. He has the ears of a hawk.

felix-cuddle.jpg

• Members
I found Felix at a pet shelter when he was three months old. It was winter and I was wearing my carhart winter coat. When I picked him up he climbed inside my coat, curled up, and went to sleep.

He's been a good buddy since and is one hell of a hunter as he catches mice, birds, flies, moths. He has the ears of a hawk.

felix-cuddle.jpg

That looks a lot like Sam. We had a very similar experience. When my wife picked him up, he just started purring and playing with her hair. I knew we were done for, so we went ahead and filled out the paperwork. Funny thing was that we were at a dog show.

• Members

felix-cuddle.jpg

I love stories like that.

When I went to get Symon at the shelter I was originally looking for a female kitten. I was going through some of the cages playing with cats and didn't even consider him. At one point I bent down to let out a cat that was in the cage across from him and I feel something poke me in the back. He was sticking his paw through the bars and touching me to get my attention. So I took him out and played with him for about 30 second and then I took him home. Best cat I could have asked for and one of my favorite things on this planet.

• Members

Smartest thing we ever did was get the kitten a scratching post from the day he came home. Never had him try to scratch anything since (with the exception of the felt lining on a keyboard case, but that's so beat to hell we don't care).

• Members

When I went to get Symon at the shelter I was originally looking for a female kitten. I was going through some of the cages playing with cats and didn't even consider him. At one point I bent down to let out a cat that was in the cage across from him and I feel something poke me in the back. He was sticking his paw through the bars and touching me to get my attention. So I took him out and played with him for about 30 second and then I took him home. Best cat I could have asked for and one of my favorite things on this planet.

I always believed that you don't find cats - they find you.

• Members

felix-cuddle.jpg

Great story man. That picture says it all. This is one cat who loves his owner.

By the way guys, are your cats clawed or de-clawed? If de-clawed, how to you manage to train them not to kill every piece of furniture in sight?

• Members

Reminds me of something I read or heard somewhere: You choose your dog, but the cat chooses you.

• Members

By the way guys, are your cats clawed or de-clawed? If de-clawed, how to you manage to train them not to kill every piece of furniture in sight?

I never had to declaw a cat. There are ways to stop them from clawing on furniture.

One, get a scratch box - the cardboard ones. Show them the box and stroke their paws on it with their claws drawn out. They'll get the picture quickly.

For some reason, cats like cardboard scratch boxes better than the scratch posts with carpetting.

Once you catch them clawing furniture or carpetting, discipline them immediately. You do not have to hit them. Just make a loud noise by clapping your hands and they'll get startled. When they turn around to look at you, shake your finger at them and say NO!

It's as simple as that.

Archived