EVH actually lurks here at HCAF????

mentoneman

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Ed is getting better and his life is on the up and up.

But for the love of God, post some new material for us to hear already!! If you are actually reading this, we are dying to hear some new tunes from you Ed and I mean that sincerely. Please please please!!

• Members

That photo of Eddie at the Hardcore-Emo rave or whatever it is, is hilarious! I don't usually bag on anyone because of the way they look cause it just ain't fair. I am so pretty so I can bag on most anyone:freak: :bor:
Anyway, Eddie does look horrible in those photos. That does not diminish my respect for his playing and musical contributions. Although, I can say I would not choose his lifestyle or life choices for myself! I think all the years of abuse to his body are showing as well as are the cancer treatments. The cancer treatments are horrible to watch someone go through as I know from personal experience and wouldn't wish them on anyone. But to say that all this regarding his looks is related to cancer is completely hogwash.

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

While I agree that there's LOADS of nitpicking, dogging, and outright critisizing for no apparent reason, public figures are "fair game" when it comes to these kind of discussions.

Yes, focusing on ourselves is good, and very important, but that doesn't eliminate opinions that we may have of others, nor does it eliminate the opinion as valid if we have our own issues to work on.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you because I think the constant dogging of Yngwie for being fat, Vai for being artsy farts, etc., is pretty lame, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

+1

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

While I agree that there's LOADS of nitpicking, dogging, and outright critisizing for no apparent reason, public figures are "fair game" when it comes to these kind of discussions.

Yes, focusing on ourselves is good, and very important, but that doesn't eliminate opinions that we may have of others, nor does it eliminate the opinion as valid if we have our own issues to work on.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you because I think the constant dogging of Yngwie for being fat, Vai for being artsy farts, etc., is pretty lame, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

True...but here's what bugs me.

The same guys that are all to willing to rank on guys are the first to blow sunshine up their bros's ass.

Ever hear any clip on HC that gets positive responses yet if it were somebody else would get cut to shreds?

• Members

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

The same guys that are all to willing to rank on guys are the first to blow sunshine up their bros's ass.

Ever hear any clip on HC that gets positive responses yet if it were somebody else would get cut to shreds?

I think you meant true and, not but, no? I don't see any conflict between your post and mine.

• Members

Well, I don't blow sunshine up anyones ass. If I comment on a clip.. I truly like it. If you don't see me post in a clip thread, It means that I don't like it or i missed the thread .

• Members
Originally posted by gainfreak

Well, I don't blow sunshine up anyones ass. If I comment on a clip.. I truly like it. If you don't see me post in a clip thread, It means that I don't like it or i missed the thread .

I do the same...

I've noticed whenever I leave a little constructive (helpful) criticism like "too much bass, or try moving the mic towards the centre of the speaker...." I'm not very appreciated. :D

Not all, but most people generally want to have smoke blown up their asses! :confused:

• Members

Bob, Ralph,
this wasn't directed at anyone specifically.
But you're telling you having seen this?

How about this one (another on-line fave of mine)...

You got guys that are decent players that do the teebage "I'm better than player X, he sucks routine. And the point of comparison is what they can pull off when no ones watching...

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

I do the same...

I've noticed whenever I leave a little constructive (helpful) criticism like "too much bass, or try moving the mic towards the centre of the speaker...." I'm not very appreciated.
:D

Not all, but most people generally want to have smoke blown up their asses!
:confused:

Every once in a while I did this, but generally speaking you seem to be right on there.

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

I do the same...

I've noticed whenever I leave a little constructive (helpful) criticism like "too much bass, or try moving the mic towards the centre of the speaker...." I'm not very appreciated.
:D

Not all, but most people generally want to have smoke blown up their asses!
:confused:

There are some here that do not take constructive criticism well at all.....................

• Members

Not me. I tell everyone what I really think. If I like it, I say so. If I don't, I say so as well if I went to the trouble to listen to it...

Steve

Archived