EVH actually lurks here at HCAF????

mentoneman

• Members

Originally posted by MLE

Look guys - cancer is a bitch

If you have never been around it...it is devastating. Both of my parents died of cancer. I watched them go through radiation treatments and then die.

Ed is correct...radiation kills teeth. It also rips up your immune system...to the point that any chance of infection should be avoided.(Pulling or capping teeth). Some dentists will not work on cancer patients because of the infection liability.

There is no excuse for the drinking...other than he is and always has been sort of a loner. His marriage lasted much longer than most r&r marriages. People drink for different reasons. Trying to go though cancer alone would have to be very hard. Not an excuse, but a reason.

You guys are acting like the kids that used to make fun of the special ed students. You think that Ed wanted cancer? You think that he wanted his marriage to fail? You think he wanted his teeth to rot out?

For once, rise above the negativity and bashing and accept that he has a problem that he cant't deal with at this time. He hasn't asked you guys for {censored}.

Ed accomplishments

Toured the world with one of the biggest r and r bands of all time

Created an immediately recoganizable sound at a very young age

Created not one, but 2 great guitars and kick ass amp

Survived cancer

and Survived a divorce

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LIFE?

Well said MLE.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by sah5150

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer some Beluga caviar gently resting on a bed of light sour cream atop a succulently toasted minature french bread slice? These things can be arranged!

Steve

only if it comes on an ornate chrome tea tray, repleat with a fresh spring bouquet, presented on a warm dish with chocolate sauce spirals, powdered sugar, and a sprig of mint.

and mango salsa

and a gold thimble of wasabi

ushered in place by a brooding european, wearing a lavish mistletoe headwreath, black turtle neck, and aztec robes.

• Members

Originally posted by MLE

Good for you...and when you faulter - you can count on your HCAF friends to kick the crap out of you on a daily basis.

{censored}in'-A right! It's the American way and that has been scientifically proven.

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

only if it comes on an ornate chrome tea tray, repleat with a fresh spring bouquet, presented on a warm dish with chocolate sauce spirals, powdered sugar, and a sprig of mint.

and mango salsa

and a gold thimble of wasabi

ushered in place by a brooding european, wearing a lavish mistletoe headwreath, black turtle neck, and aztec robes.

Ok, you win. Nicely done....

...Oh, and coming right up, sir! Enjoy!

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by MLE

Look guys - cancer is a bitch

If you have never been around it...it is devastating. Both of my parents died of cancer. I watched them go through radiation treatments and then die.

Ed is correct...radiation kills teeth. It also rips up your immune system...to the point that any chance of infection should be avoided.(Pulling or capping teeth). Some dentists will not work on cancer patients because of the infection liability.

There is no excuse for the drinking...other than he is and always has been sort of a loner. His marriage lasted much longer than most r&r marriages. People drink for different reasons. Trying to go though cancer alone would have to be very hard. Not an excuse, but a reason.

You guys are acting like the kids that used to make fun of the special ed students. You think that Ed wanted cancer? You think that he wanted his marriage to fail? You think he wanted his teeth to rot out?

For once, rise above the negativity and bashing and accept that he has a problem that he cant't deal with at this time. He hasn't asked you guys for {censored}.

Ed accomplishments

Toured the world with one of the biggest r and r bands of all time

Created an immediately recoganizable sound at a very young age

Created not one, but 2 great guitars and kick ass amp

Survived cancer

and Survived a divorce

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LIFE?

i think everyone agrees that ragging on the way his teeth look, in light of the fact that cancer is the cause, is in bad taste.

but if you realize that people here did what everyone around the globe did when they first saw the photos...

why are his teeth so jacked?....that's EDDIE?

it was more of an immediate reaction and shock prior to putting the cancer spin on it.

and of course in true HCAF style, the wisecracks come as reliably as the rising and the setting of the sun. that's par for the course in any thread. and again that was prior to the cancer element.

it would seem some of his fans take the joking way more seriously than even Eddie himself, which i suppose is the true essence of a 'fan'atic.

• Members

You know what's pretty funny about all this, not sure if you guys saw this yet but that picture of Ed that's been going around was totally doctored. Look at some other photos from that same exact night and then look at how they grayed his hair and paled the skin color on his face on the other one. Once again, dishonesty showing it's ugly face just to bring another person down. Keep on judging others and it WILL come knocking on your own door one day.

Undoctored......
eddie01.jpgeddie03.jpg

and then.....

eddie06.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by VHoholic

You know what's pretty funny about all this, not sure if you guys saw this yet but that picture of Ed that's been going around was totally doctored. Look at some other photos from that same exact night and then look at how they grayed his hair and paled the skin color on his face on the other one. Once again, dishonesty showing it's ugly face just to bring another person down. Keep on judging others and it WILL come knocking on your own door one day.

Undoctored......

eddie01.jpgeddie03.jpg

and then.....

eddie06.jpg

even if you restore the skin color and tint his hair jet black, it's still a BAD PHOTO of Ed, revealing the poor condition of his teeth, with a very unflattering expression on his face. there is nothing judgemental about that fact. it makes him human and normal instead of some superhman cartoon figure.

again that happens to any celebrity...look on the cover of any dumb enquirer or star at the local market...they live for these kinds of shots and tear the celeb to ribbons with them. nothing new.
it just punches holes in the media hype machine.

• Members

The american way is " If you can't attack the players guitar playing ability, you attack the person himself".

There are so many examples of this crap, posted by jealous and envious guitarists on all forums everywhere.

Just like when someone is losing an arguement they start spouting off "he's gay!" etc. etc.

When the dirty bombs start going off and everyones teeth starts falling out. We'll all have a good laugh over that one.:D :D :D

• Members
Originally posted by VHoholic

Undoctored......

eddie01.jpgeddie03.jpg

and then.....

eddie06.jpg

He looks horrible in all those pictures. Not sure what you are trying to say here?

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by FuzzFaze1

The american way is " If you can't attack the players guitar playing ability, you attack the person himself".

I attack both. He can't play anymore either, which was obvious when I went to see him last...

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by Prehistoricpain

No whats pretty sad is how everyone on this forum has nothing better to do then rip on a legend.

quit bitching and go play your guitar.

Pleeeeaaase!

Sheesh...my favorite band ever is Rush. You should hear us bag on them. And they have nothing to bag about. We make fun of Neil mostly, but Al and Ged are fair game as well. (see Geddy nipple :D)

And look at the way we slam each other, for any reason. DOn't see too many people getting worked about that.

It's one of those things that you can't help but notice, dude. You think he doesn't know about his teeth? If he stops by here and reads his threads, he'll say "oh my GAWD, I am so embarrassed! I never knew!"

Oh....we're hurting poor widdle eddie's feelings!

I'd say just let it go;....it's not a big deal to say Eddie has horribly ugly teeth. You didn't notice?

No one is sayin he's a horrible person for it. Just a fact.

• Members

Steve and Bob, you guys are acting like a couple of boobs. And many others too.
Do you have any respect for anybody? Your parents must be proud of the way you guys act on here. I wonder if you'ld make fun of a relative that went through the same thing. Probably would you wankers.
:bor:

• Members

Originally posted by sah5150

I attack both. He can't play anymore either, which was obvious when I went to see him last...

Steve

What's your definition of "can't play"?

I've seen EVH 3 times in the old days. Once was so-so, once was amazing and once was horrid. I think he puts on enough of a show, and did so {censored}ed up that dropped notes on occassion are a given. it's a Rock'n'Roll not rocket science.

Sheet tour before last Jeff Beck played the most amazing set I had ever seen. last tour I walked out because he was floundering around the fretboard.

I can't relate to all this "can't play" {censored}.

My take on this is lets go play a couple a hundred shows a year and see how much you care to have everything come out picture prefect. It's not all that much different than any other job. Are we all putting in 110% every day?

Archived