Nevermind the Hall of Pop Fame...........

64DUECE

• Members

Here's the Sex Pistols!

Johnny, Steve, Paul and Glen, congrats. You deserve it.

The only Rock band to be inducted into the Pop music Hall of Fame w/ only 1 studio album to your credit! The most anti-radio album in history at that.

Thanks for sticking to your Pistols on this one. I was scared to death that Steven Tyler, Bono and Green Day would jump on stage w/ you guys, hold hands and sing a God Save the Queen/Anarchy medley in their best MTV pose.

C'mon, even I know that nobody can molest a Pistols song like ol' Johnny can!:D

rare_sexpistols4_c.jpg

rare_discocircus1_c.jpg

rare_paradiso_c.jpg

sp4.jpg

sp5.jpg

pistols202.jpg

For the few that don't get what they were about, give a listen to these love songs. "Bodies", "Pretty Vacant", and "EMI". They are classics. (In my world anyway):thu:

God Save the Sex Pistols!

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Oh please.

The Sex Pistols were about as rebellious as my left nut.

Marketed to perfection, even to this very day.
:p

HAHA! There is some truth to that.

Probably more self destructive than rebellious. It just still blows my mind that they rode that far, had their own solo things, created so much interest, and got inducted to the hall with one {censored}ing album.

I think paying $10k per table at the induction ceremony might of had something to do w/ them passing on the offer to show up.

It's just funny to me. There are quite a few bands w/ so much more material that would pay double just to have a little bit of the recognition and lime light again.

I can't wait to see what KISS and VH do.........not to mention Nugent! It'll be great!

Archived