WOT: 'Brokeback author whines about Oscar loss

SpacedCowboy

• Members

Crash was lame. Racial stereotypes and just an all around "safe" movie. Racism = bad, thanks, we know.

Brokeback was boring and all it had going for it was the gay thing. I dont mind gay movies/love stories, but at least make them interesting.

Syriana was pretty good, but none of them really deserved a Best Picture this year.

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

Crash was lame. Racial stereotypes and just an all around "safe" movie. Racism = bad, thanks, we know.

Brokeback was boring and all it had going for it was the gay thing. I dont mind gay movies/love stories, but at least make them interesting.

Syriana was pretty good, but none of them really deserved a Best Picture this year.

of the nominees, the only one i thought really deserved it was capote.

• Members

I don't want to watch a movie about cowboys, I don't give a {censored} if they are gay or straight. Crash was the worst oscar winner in the past 20 years. It was a puerile anti-racist movie whose message was eclipsed by any {censored}ing Spike Lee film, but I guess he ain't Wayne Brady enough for the supposedy "super duper commie left gay raghead" lovers in Hollywood.

• Members

Hell, I'M pissed that Walk The Line wasn't even nominated, but I'm not sitting around writing 1,200 word crybaby rants to anyone who'll listen.:mad:

I prefer writing 20 word rants on HCAF where either people agree with me or tell me to shut the {censored} up.:thu::D

Yo, Prolux, or whatever the {censored} your name is...Jethro Tull beat Metallica for best metal band once too. Sometimes life ain't fair. Get over it.:rolleyes:

• Members

This movie actually brought about a lot of bull{censored} IMO. I was walking in to work the other day and passed by someones truck that had 2 stickers on the back glass. One said "I skied Brokeback" and the other said "Member of the Brokeback Mountain Skiing club." Both were rainbow colored...I guess I need to put a sticker on my truck that says "I dove Muff Mountain!" and "Senior diver for the National Muff Association."

Archived