bands like this make me hate metal/hardcore/heavy music

freakk guitarist

• Members

Yeah, I can't stand metalcore-type stuff that just sounds like the stereotypes blown out of proportion.

They act like just randomly throwing in melodic/clean/singing parts makes them musical, open palm mute parts make them heavy, and weedly-weedly leads make them shredders, but they can never seem to actually make any of it work together. :(

I'm sure they have fun performing it, and it's not exactly difficult to write songs that are "up to par" for the type of music, so that would explain why there are so damn many of them cropping up that sound the same, but that's still no excuse for not really trying.

It's all just a simple cop-out formula to me.

• Members

As far as that kind of music goes, I think it sounds pretty good.

I also have grown out of listening to that kind of thing, but it does sound like it'd be fun to play, as they've got some cool ideas here and there.

Main complaint is that none of the various parts flow together at all. But it's listenable, which is more than I can say for most bands in the genre.

• Members

Originally posted by Shuborno

Main complaint is that none of the various parts flow together at all. But it's listenable, which is more than I can say for most bands in the genre.

Yeah, it does actually sound a little better than the typical stuff, but as always, any real songwriting is basically absent.

• Members

That poses the question from me...

What do you think of my band? (check the sig, full high quality mp3s off the main page)

I'm with all you guys with metalcore, but I don't know if I'm guilty of the crime. Can someone straighten this out for me? :(

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

What do you think of my band? (check the sig, full high quality mp3s off the main page)

I'm with all you guys with metalcore, but I don't know if I'm guilty of the crime. Can someone straighten this out for me?
:(

Guilty as hell dude. I {censored}in' hate metal-core. More than I hate grunge or hip-hop crap!

Ditch the "Screech from saved by the bell" vocals and try to come up with a unique vocal style.

I don't mean to be mean. The guitar playing has potential. But the overall package is :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

I'm with all you guys with metalcore, but I don't know if I'm guilty of the crime. Can someone straighten this out for me?
:(

Based on the track Lenina's Eyes, I think you achieve what you're going for very well.

The style doesn't interest me, and no offense, but I don't think it's introducing anything new or fresh.

BUT everything SOUNDS as perfect as can be. Very good vocals (as far as delivery - the melodies could be more interesting), very tight sounding recording, tasty guitar tones, drums right on the money, energetic performance. It doesn't really ever get boring 'cause you introduce new elements into the song frequently, and all of them fit into the flow of the song.

• Members

THanks for the honest responses guys :)

As far as vocals...I leave that up to the vocalist, unless it really really sucks. As with most bands in the genre, the vocals aren't really meant to be the focus of the song, at least to me, so I focus on the songwriting and trying to make the song itself as interesting as possible.

I can definately deal with these criticisms. I'm not gonna try and come up with anything to change the vocals, because thats what sells right now, and this isnt really my bag as far as 'artistic gratification'. If I were doing this one for myself, it would be full of blastbeats :D

Thanks again guys...keep em comin :thu:

• Members

Hey Freak Guitarist. I don't know why but I cant access soundclick anymore and that's why I could not hear your clips and I really wanted to hear the one you sent me to add to my site :( Thats why I have nbot added it cause I cannot hear it.

Derek

Archived