I Got A New Amp Today!!!! Clip Enclosed For Your Pleasure!!!

riffy

• Members
Originally posted by VoodooChild24

That sounded good man! Great playing too. Maybe i should start loading my recto with EL34s.
:thu:

Thanks much man! I think with the EL34's this amp really likes the vintage 30 cab... I don't have a greenback loaded cab anymore to try it with. I wish I did though!

Gary

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by tdey

It sounds awesome .. Is that all amp??

Sounds amazing, I hope you're in a band somewhere, you're too good to have 11,000 posts on here, no offense.

Thank you so much... That is just far too kind. I honestly am not in a band now... I wish I were. But sadly I am not.

And no offence taken at all!

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Sounds great Gary! Congrats on picking up the amp.

I have to get me a Mesa one of these days.
:)

Adam,
Thank you you monster player you! I really appreciate that much.
My wife had been saving money from her paycheck to get me another amp. I found this one in N.C. and she handed me the money and said go and get it! Took a 7 hour round trip drive to bring it home, but, I am so glad I did!

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Romanian Reaper

I like it! I like the Recto sound but have to admit that it didn't sound typical recto.

Thanks man,

It is all in how you set the amp up and how you attack the guitar with your hands. I sound pretty much the same through any amp it is just a matter of degree with me I think!

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by eric_kv2

That clip sounds {censored}ing awesome. Like you said, there is a big difference between the older rectos than the newer rectos. I had a newer one and I wish I had bought and older one had I known that they would sound that good. I am really digging that smooth tone you have going there.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it much! I personally think there is a big difference between the old ones and the new ones. Maybe it is just my ears but I truly don't think so!

Gary

• Members

Sweet! Just in time, too - my amp tech has finally fixed my Triple Recto - which blew ten minutes after I unpacked it from an ebayer who shall remain nameless. I've owned it for 6 months, its been in the shop or broken almost the whole time, lol. Is it possible to GAS for my own freaking amp???

• Members
Originally posted by DeathMonkey

Sweet! Just in time, too - my amp tech has finally fixed my Triple Recto - which blew ten minutes after I unpacked it from an ebayer who shall remain nameless. I've owned it for 6 months, its been in the shop or broken almost the whole time, lol. Is it possible to GAS for my own freaking amp???

:D Yes it is possible...lol... Glad your getting it back!!!!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by LavaMan

nice clip, nice playing...although I have never owned a recto my first boogie was a '92 Mark IV combo...killer tone.

Thanks much... I think all Mesa products rule actually... I will have to own another Mark series. I sold a IIC+ I used to own:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Robotechnology

SWEET Gary, best recorded tone I've heard of yours so far

Ivan,
Thanks much bro! You rock... I want you to record your VHT! I am dying to hear that monster!

• Members
Originally posted by ConfessorT

Wish I could've got my Recto to sound that good. Dark, creamy and not a hint of flubbiness.

You probably can, it just takes prudence with the bass control and the treble and presence. These eq's actually work...lol

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

wow. this is why i'm doing my damndest to pickup a 2 channel blackface in the next few weeks. i should be getting a great deal on a blackface, as long as I can sell my 3 channel.

congrats man and a great clip!

Thanks much man!

I really hope you can get one... I really believe you will love it...

They are great amps... Not just because I own one again either,

I have always loved them..lol

• Members

Originally posted by metalcore

That sounds {censored}ing awesome.

Is it Drop D?

Not a million miles away from Ty Tabor's rhtyhm sound on Dogman.

What guitar are you using?

Is the lead straight into the amp? No boost pedal?

Awesome!

hey man thank you!

It is actually drop C. It is an 80's Kramer guitar that Rufus Leaking gave to me. It has a Floyd and a JB in the bridge.

Straight into the amp and no boost at all anywhere.

Thanks again!

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by jlb32

Sounds awesome riffy.

I have been thinking about changing the preamp tubes in my '94 Trem-o-verb. Do you have any recomendations?

I searched for the Telefunkens but they seem very expensive and hard to come by.

Thanks much man! The Tele's are expensive but really worth it to be honest. I stocked up on some a couple of years ago when they were a bit cheaper... I hear that the RFT pre amp tubes are very good as are the EI brand. I know that GE preamp tubes sound great as do Amperex.

Hope that helps some?

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

sounds pretty neat gary, the lead is not completely my style, but it certainly works while the rythm is killer.

I really appreciate it man! Thank you for taking your time too!

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Grinding Fetus

Dude,

That is KILLER! Your the guy I hear on here all the time that can play like Lynch to a tee!. That is a killer tone and just awesome playing. You played for the song and didn't throw in a lot of extra flash. You need to be on a stage somewhere!

I wish I could get my Triple Recto to sound that way. Do you give lessons by the way?

GF

Thanks man.

Archived