I Got A New Amp Today!!!! Clip Enclosed For Your Pleasure!!!

riffy

• Members
Originally posted by Marshall Freak

Sounded great IMHO.
:thu:

What speakers? What guitar, and what pickup were you using?

6 telefunkens? Theres a lot of money in that preamp!
:love:

Mine is Serial number 723
:thu:
and like you, I'm more of a Marshall player (Big surprise!) but stick some EL34's in a Recto, and they sound killer.
fuck_yeah.gif

Amps121.jpg

Is there something wrong with my Recto????
I only have 5 preamp tubes!!!

But thanks man! I used an 80's Kramer with a Floyd and a JB in the bridge. The cab is a Mesa Recto 2x12 that I am borrowing for a bit. I love it with the 34s in it though!

Gary

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Riffy + recto = all is well with the world. I always loved your Road King clips the best and now you've got that Recto tone back... m/

Very smooth tone for a recto...I mean it seems largely a combination of your hands and the way you produce your clips...but great dialing work anyway :D

• Members

Originally posted by jthompso

Nice work dude!! Love the lead tone, I thought the dirty rythm sound was a bit fuzzy and lacking bottom end - just taste, but amp sound great!

Thanks man! I let the rhythm sound be lacking in low end so hopefully it wouldn't interfere in the bass line... Although with

my pitiful production skills you may not be able to hear the

bass actually...lol

Thanks much dude!

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by JKD

Riffy + recto = all is well with the world. I always loved your Road King clips the best and now you've got that Recto tone back... m/

Very smooth tone for a recto...I mean it seems largely a combination of your hands and the way you produce your clips...but great dialing work anyway
:D

I have to admit... I did LOVE the RK...
I am just glad to have a Recto back! I love the things. I think it is a combo of hands and mic'ing... I really can't produce squat...lol

Thank you my bro!

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by riffy

Is there something wrong with my Recto????

I only have 5 preamp tubes!!!

But thanks man! I used an 80's Kramer with a Floyd and a JB in the bridge. The cab is a Mesa Recto 2x12 that I am borrowing for a bit. I love it with the 34s in it though!

Gary

LOL!! I can't count... ;)

• Members

That sounded AWSOME! Very fluid while still having the thickness I love from Recto's.

I need to get a matched quad of 34's to run in my 2 channel.

I have 2 SED 34's I could slap in there and run it in half power...hmmm:idea:

The only problem is I can never remember what I need to do with the ohmage when I do this kind of thing. And I think I would have to pull a rectifier tube as well.

Might just need to try this out.:)

• Members
Originally posted by mctallica1

That sounded AWSOME! Very fluid while still having the thickness I love from Recto's.

I need to get a matched quad of 34's to run in my 2 channel.

I have 2 SED 34's I could slap in there and run it in half power...hmmm:idea:

The only problem is I can never remember what I need to do with the ohmage when I do this kind of thing. And I think I would have to pull a rectifier tube as well.

Might just need to try this out.
:)

Thanks much mang! I really think you will dig the 34s in the thing.
They give it more mids and they do smooth out the top end quite a bit to my ears. I haven't tried this one thru a greenback 4x12 yet though. I am using a Mesa 2x12 vintage 30 loaded cab right now.

Gary

Archived