I know it's not Friday, but Kirk Hammett sucks...(video)

Random Hero

• Members

People can talk {censored} all they want about Metallica, but they were one of the best bands ever and that pretty much goes without saying.

Metallica make mistakes live, they are aren't robots. And Kirk slacks on solos, but some of them from the past are so good, you have to have some respect for what they USED to be, the best thrash band ever.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by AgentOrange

i know he isnt a fast player, but most people dont, and they certainly dont know who rusty cooley is! To non-musicians, hes a great soloist because hes in metallica, but even from an early age i hated his phrasing. The Enter Sandman solo is awful, its a great riff and song, but its ruined by the lead part, hes always bending out of pitch and it really grates my ears

James

I think "Enter Sandman" isn't even Metallica, its totally unlistenable.

It sucks that their "prime" was actually after their underground type "prime".

• Members

rusty cooley is one of the top wankers of all time, seriously no content to his solo's. If u want wanking listen to cooley

kirks solo's arent too bad, there are times he could do better, but in a sense most of their cd's are sold to ppl who do not play guitar, so they cant tell the difference from some emo {censored} and some nice phrasing.

post up some solos u made urself that sound better than kirks, and I will give u all the bragging rights in the world, most ppl like to judge others but cannot do any better. Im sure some of kirks solos are pure ass, but some of his pure crap solo's are sometimes better than what many can create themselves

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

Would you like your pat on the back delivered UPS?

Sure, please send the pat to....

:D

Originally posted by AgentOrange

i know he isnt a fast player, but most people dont, and they certainly dont know who rusty cooley is! To non-musicians, hes a great soloist because hes in metallica, but even from an early age i hated his phrasing. The Enter Sandman solo is awful, its a great riff and song, but its ruined by the lead part, hes always bending out of pitch and it really grates my ears

James

I knew what you meant and frankly, it's a shame and ignorance is rampant.

• Members

Originally posted by cyndicate

rusty cooley is one of the top wankers of all time, seriously no content to his solo's. If u want wanking listen to cooley

kirks solo's arent too bad, there are times he could do better, but in a sense most of their cd's are sold to ppl who do not play guitar, so they cant tell the difference from some emo {censored} and some nice phrasing.

post up some solos u made urself that sound better than kirks, and I will give u all the bragging rights in the world, most ppl like to judge others but cannot do any better. Im sure some of kirks solos are pure ass, but some of his pure crap solo's are sometimes better than what many can create themselves

Sigh, I knew it would turn into this.... I'm done though and I've stated my opinion. I have nothing more to say.

• Members

I have to say, I didn't start this thread to rag on METALLICA, but on Kirk's lead playing.

James Hetfield is my favourite rhythm player of all time, hell, one of my favourite musicians of all time. Kirk just plain sucks however. I thought he was amazing when I was like, 14, and then I learned.

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

I have to say, I didn't start this thread to rag on METALLICA, but on Kirk's lead playing.

James Hetfield is my favourite rhythm player of all time, hell, one of my favourite musicians of all time. Kirk just plain sucks however. I thought he was amazing when I was like, 14, and then I learned.

You can't say someone sucks on a public board though. You gotta post clips of your lead playing and how much better it is. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Code-001

You can't say someone sucks on a public board though. You gotta post clips of your lead playing and how much better it is.
:rolleyes:

:thu:

well im just saying, he doesnt suck that bad, but yea he coulda done better on a few of em, o well i think most ppl who actually listen to the solos are guitar players, others could care less

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

Kirk has written some great solos.
:thu:

Yeah the 'fade to black' solo is amazing.

But live he isnt as good as performing his solos. he def doest a lot a lot of {censored} in the studio, possibly even having hetfield play so his vibrato doesnt blow someones home stereo.

but seriously, you can bash hammet all you want. metallica is one of the most influential metal bands of all time.

• Members

Besides the awful, flat/off key vocals, Hammett displaying some of the worst technique I've ever seen him exhibit while playing either out of key, out of tune, wrong notes, or all three, and Lars skipping about half of the drum parts to that song, that is the best performance I've seen from these guys in many years!

James is actually getting into the music for a change, instead of just "going through the motions" like he has been doing for years.

This performance was raw and seems to have some real emotion in it. Maybe this is a sign of better things to come for these guys and their new studio project. I suspect they may be returning to their roots somewhat, in spite of it all, I believe something has really changed with these guys!

I sure hope so! :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by tomresurrection

When i think metal and bands who have impacted it... 4 bands come to mind.

Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera.

Love or hate any of those 4 bands, but any metal or hard rock band can be rooted to these bands some how.

Not Pantera. Metal was over by the time Pantera decided that hair metal wasnt gonna get them paid anymore and did a full turn around in style.

• Members

Originally posted by tomresurrection

When i think metal and bands who have impacted it... 4 bands come to mind.

Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera.

Love or hate any of those 4 bands, but any metal or hard rock band can be rooted to these bands some how.

I agree with Black Sabbath, Metallica and Pantera but I think Iron Maiden should be in there instead of Slayer.

• Members

Originally posted by code_blue

I think "Enter Sandman" isn't even Metallica, its totally unlistenable.

It sucks that their "prime" was actually after their underground type "prime".

yeah i agree, i just picked enter sandman becuase its one of thier more popular songs thats has a perticularly bad solo :D

They have made some of the best metal albums of all time though, metallica and pantera got me into heavy music. Thier influence cannot be denied, without them there would be no meshuggah, and i would be totally different without them!

James

Archived