I know it's not Friday, but Kirk Hammett sucks...(video)

Random Hero

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

Dude...

James has better rhythm playing than any of the Maiden members. However, the guys in Maiden have more chops in their clipped off fingernail than both James and Kirk have ever acquired in their whole carriers. Bruce's vocals are some of the best metal vocals around and his energy is insane (just watch Rock in Rio).

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

lol, James Hetfield's rhythm technique {censored}ing rules.

Yes it does. And nice to see a reminder that Lars actually still knows how to play drums. The recent study albums were starting to make me wonder. :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Locky

definately agree best metal band of all time metallica is.

Not their entire catalog for sure, but I would say Metallica at their best have never been surpassed. A few other bands have gotten up to that level, but never surpassed them. ;)

And for me personally, I have never seen a better concert than Metallica in '89, perhaps at the height of their powers. Great show, great show.

• Members
Originally posted by KoaFreak

Not their entire catalog for sure, but I would say Metallica at their best have never been surpassed. A few other bands have gotten up to that level, but never surpassed them.
;)

And for me personally, I have never seen a better concert than Metallica in '89, perhaps at the height of their powers. Great show, great show.

Agreed, everything up to and including the Black Album is probably the best collection of metal ever. As for Load and Reload, to me me those are some of the finest rock albums I've heard in the last 15 years. I am in the minorty here of the people who loved St Anger. But thats another thread entirely.

• Members
Originally posted by Locky

Agreed, everything up to and including the Black Album is probably the best collection of metal ever. As for Load and Reload, to me me those are some of the finest rock albums I've heard in the last 15 years. I am in the minorty here of the people who loved St Anger. But thats another thread entirely.

I'm not much of a St. Anger fan although I can appreciate that Metallica was attempting something new and raw, regardless.

I agree that the first 4 albums are just untouchable - the Black Album is definitely up there as well - and Load and Reload were great hard rock efforts.

It'll be interesting to see how Rick Rubin and Metallica mesh for their new album. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Mickaroony

Has anyone noticed he plays alot of the old solos in different modes now.

I guess you would after 15 to 20 years

Yeah, I'd get bored with the solos after a while, too.

Kirk has always had tons of potential (RTL anyone?) but he needs to LAY OFF THE {censored}IN' WAH PEDAL!!! :mad::o

Archived